• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Want to relocate your warmers/light/RER module?

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
ok, so first off, I have to say that this was NOT my "original idea"
Our good friend and Dootalk Moderator -IRONDOG- came up with this, but I kinda made it my own
So thank you to ID for this wicked idea!

I just wanted to post this here, to show my fellow REV mountain chassy, bro's and dudettes (as I found a small blurb and pic of it in the XP mountain section)

These pics are soley a mock up/test run to see if it will work and fit properly - IT DID!
It started off w a pice of 7/8 aluminum bar that runs in the module (much like it would on ur bars)
a piece of aluminum angle iron, a 4.5" bolt, 2 fender washers and some black spray paint

Really, just piece it together as pictured below and ur done
SUPER simple, to do, does not budge and looks sweet IMO
No re-wiring at all - which was good for me, as I am certainly no electrician

I have painted all the pieces black so it will not be as visible sitting in the riser
I will post back once its back together and lookin mint

Let me know ur thoughts

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

C
Nov 28, 2007
Elizabeth Co
I was working on something like this but i was going to put another smaller tube
through the lower tube that the riser clamps to. It seems to clear everything
and is low and out of the way + no extra switches to buy and wire in
I like it great job!

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
I was working on something like this but i was going to put another smaller tube
through the lower tube that the riser clamps to. It seems to clear everything
and is low and out of the way + no extra switches to buy and wire in
I like it great job!

the height this is at i think is perfect
any lower and it may hit either your DESS key or gas tank lid - mine just clears it now

yeah no extra wiring is sweet

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
Can you do that with the stock riser?

:beer;

for sure
you just wont need the metal plate i put on the inside, as the stock riser has smaller holes
so you can just line up a washer on the inside of the riser and it should work mint
might be a little tougher to get a wrench in there, might have to have bars off and get at it from the top - BUT it should work

i have a buddy who is going to try this w his stock XP riser

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I'm trying to find the pic. There was a setup with custom switches that was mounted in the center of a RSI riser. I thought it was on DooTalk but I can't find it again. It was a cool and almost a factory looking set-up.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I have always moved mine even on my old rev.

All you really need is two zip ties...done.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
for those stull running the stock 05 type mountain bars, you can just clamp em on the rise sideways, I did that on both mine, keeps you from hitting them ALL the time!! makes me much happier as my grip warmers arent always getting swapped around setting wise.

J

jcwatty

Mar 10, 2009
Richland,WA
I'm trying to find the pic. There was a setup with custom switches that was mounted in the center of a RSI riser. I thought it was on DooTalk but I can't find it again. It was a cool and almost a factory looking set-up.

That looks great. What type of risers are u running and how is it fastened?

RSI risers and fastened with a 7/8" aluminum bolt. had to shave down the high/low beam button alittle.

Premium Features