• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

After market mountain skis

LudicrousSpeed

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2012
Was riding with my family and some of them are a little timid. In the deep snow the front diving would scare them and then they would back off. I was wondering if a wider more floaty ski would help some. Was looking at mohawks as we trail ride a lot too, but trying to get them more comfortable off trail. Sleds are rmk pro 600.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Was riding with my family and some of them are a little timid. In the deep snow the front diving would scare them and then they would back off. I was wondering if a wider more floaty ski would help some. Was looking at mohawks as we trail ride a lot too, but trying to get them more comfortable off trail. Sleds are rmk pro 600.

Pretty sure that _ that is what Snowtech said that they put on their Alpha 1 in the current issue. I don't know what they look like, but they said that they really like that ski.

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
The Mohawk is about the same ski as the gripper except the ski rubbers are better. I like the powder pro ski a lot but they take more effort to turn at lower speeds. I have never tried the Simmons ski. The aftermarket ski rubbers go along way in stopping the ski from flipping up and diving in a hard pow turn or side hill, they are considerably less cost than new skis I would do that first as the gripper is a darn good ski.

Brando18299

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2014
Redmond, WA
X2 on Grippers. They will have better floatation and lift in the deeper stuff while still having good control everywhere else.

Last edited:

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
The Mohawk is about the same ski as the gripper except the ski rubbers are better. I like the powder pro ski a lot but they take more effort to turn at lower speeds. I have never tried the Simmons ski. The aftermarket ski rubbers go along way in stopping the ski from flipping up and diving in a hard pow turn or side hill, they are considerably less cost than new skis I would do that first as the gripper is a darn good ski.
Mohawk is way more aggressive than a gripper. And slightly wider.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Premium Features