• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First Timer Snowchecker

HammsRMK

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2008
Central ND
I am snowchecking a new pro this weekend and was wondering if you snowesters had any advice for me? Was just wondering if you would have done or gotten anything different when you snowchecked sleds this year or in the past. Any advice on the subject would be appricatied. Thanks and am jacked for my first new sled and its a PRO sweeet!:rockon:

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
I would get the four year warranty- even if you don't keep it four years the added resale will be worth it.

Then enjoy the best sled ever made!

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
4 year warranty, definitely. I disagree with getting ES, that's just me though. These fuel injected sleds start first pull no matter how long you have 'em upside down. :face-icon-small-hap

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
i also don't understand the ES craze?? we push and push for the manufactures to make lighter sleds and when they do we put ES on them. really? imo, ES is a waste with how easy they are to start in the first place.

also, imo, i'm not sold on the 4 year warranty. i went with the 4 year in 2011 but with the 13 i'm going with the 2. i seriously doubt i will keep a sled for 4 years but even if i do there is no way it will be anywhere close enough to stoke to maintain the warranty. that's just me. i'd personally rather have the 600 buck for belts.

pv

HammsRMK

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2008
Central ND
Thanks for your input guys. I personaly will have the sled for 4 years so I will have the 4 year warranty. I was kinda hung up on ES but I think I will go without. Thanks again

Last edited:
es is for touring sleds.. and the 4 year warranty is only polaris factory for the first year or two then it is outsourced to a different company for the remainder. talk to your dealer about the warranty, it's what i was told by my local dealer, pretty sure he said only first year polaris. I would do the 2 yr warranty and $600 for accessories. for 6 bones you can get a cover, the burandt powder trac boards, the under seat bag, or the gripper skis instead of the cover. awesome deal. which sled are you checking? the retro wrap sled is cool. congratulations. on your wayto terrain domination!!!!.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I love my E start. Only costs 10lbs with a light weight battery. I really like that Poo gives you a pull start too when you order the e start. Never had a problem once but it could happen. It looks like the 4 year warranty on the 2013s is Polaristar direct. No more aftermarket warranty. They probably lost their butt warrantying the Pro. I get the 4 year because I leave the engines stock on the Poo(don't trust it or Polaris to warranty it even if it's just a can) and I will own that sled for max of 2 years. I would think it would be a lot easier to sell in a couple of years with 2 years left on the warranty.

HammsRMK

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2008
Central ND
es is for touring sleds.. and the 4 year warranty is only polaris factory for the first year or two then it is outsourced to a different company for the remainder. talk to your dealer about the warranty, it's what i was told by my local dealer, pretty sure he said only first year polaris. I would do the 2 yr warranty and $600 for accessories. for 6 bones you can get a cover, the burandt powder trac boards, the under seat bag, or the gripper skis instead of the cover. awesome deal. which sled are you checking? the retro wrap sled is cool. congratulations. on your wayto terrain domination!!!!.

Im leaning to the pro rmk 800 155 le with the blue voodoo sides right now. I might just go with the whit though.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
myself included I love to see the way warranty is misspelled by so many so often.

Premium Features