• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IF YOU WERE TO SIT WITH THE ENGINEERS TO DISCUSS THE THE AXYS... WHAT WOULD YOU ASK?

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
a couple things i thought of while riding this weekend.
-a clock on the instrument display
-i would like to be able to switch the odometer and temp independently. I want to be able to put the temp in Fahrenheit because that's what i'm used to. but i want my odometer to be in km. that's how our trails and logging roads are marked. right now i can only have one or the other.

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Please make some form of digital wrench available to us. I'd happily pay for it. It's a high performance machine and needs to be checked and worked on, much like an MX bike, but we don't have diagnostic tools available to us- we're stuck either trying to figure it out ourselves, or going to the dealer, who may or may not know anything (i.e. baseline TPS setting). The "don't attempt repair yourself" mentality seems really out of whack with the nature of these sleds. They need to be worked on and checked constantly (no knock on Polaris, just how hi-perf stuff is)!

Introduce a "XX" package with a cheaper price, no warranty, a good service manual, and sell us digital wrench. Those buyers would never make bogus warranty claims, I promise. No more blaming the manufacturer when pistons go after 300 hours of pouring gas in, pulling the rope, and pinning it. And you'd end up with more loyal customers because they'd know and understand their sleds better and wouldn't be scared to open the hood.

That's exactly what snowbikes come with, and their popularity is going up and up.

Last edited:

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
I'd love to see a builders package as well.

Stripped down model with cheap shocks, basic controls, cheap panels ready to be wrapped, and no warranty. People are going to build mod sleds no matter what. So sell them the start to it instead of selling them a top of the line sled that we have to toy with selling the stock parts to recoup some of the cost in it. And yes a customer version of digital wrench.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Trying to keep "back-n-forth" conversations out of this thread...

Just a place for people to Air their "wish list" for new sleds coming out.... not for replies to others posts in this thread... as noted in the first post of this thread.

Replies are great ideas for their own threads... and more content can be explored in depth there.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Since my last reply was deleted, i will reword.
Polaris should revive the 'shift RMK' option they had with the IQ chassis.
A simple no thrills sled that the end user can modify to his exact specs.

GS6

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Along with a legit tether...

A TSS that isn't a POS! Incase it hasn't been mentioned.

Again, the RXL called and wants its technology back.

Super A

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Belgrade Mt
I would put in an order for a 600 H.O. with a 163 2.6", lower seat, low gearing and a heavy duty rear bumper. Please open up the foot well a bit and include a tether of some sort, to protect against unplanned dismounts. If we could eliminate the snow that builds up on the rear running boards that would be great. I like the ability to customize shocks, bumpers, and seats at the time of Snowcheck. my wife has no problem with me paying $12k for a sled, but goes ape sh*t, if I dole out another couple hundred bucks on additional aftermarket stuff.

Also quit calling it a 600, call it the Sport or "Boondocker" or "Creek Creeper".

BLSDEEP

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2007
Bozeman

Stripped down model with cheap shocks, basic controls, cheap panels ready to be wrapped, and no warranty. People are going to build mod sleds no matter what. So sell them the start to it instead of selling them a top of the line sled that we have to toy with selling the stock parts to recoup some of the cost in it. And yes a customer version of digital wrench.

Builders edition!
Brilliant!

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Broke the rear bumper on my dad's sled...tell me how myself, AND MY 70 YEAR OLD DAD, can break a rear bumper by pulling on it?...

...how in the hell can there NOT be a teather on a sled? A good lawyer could OWN Polaris over this...

Ace

Last edited:
S
Jan 11, 2011
Ontario, Canada
1. 144/146 Axys SKS with handlebars like the ones on the PRO-S or X Swichback. All switching done with left thumb. Track options starting at 1.25" lug and going up.

2. Ability to "summerize" my sled with the IDD, push a button and oil pump flows to max. (like on ski-doo)

3. It would be nice to have some sort of countdown while in break-in mode

4. Hand and thumb warmer on some sort of variable switch (rheostat) with multi option heat ranges displayed on IDD.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Please continue to make no frills skinny sleds.

Please accept that the world population weight average might be closer to 200# adult males instead of the 150# current sleds seem to be calibrated for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D
Feb 7, 2014
Revelstoke, BC

Builders package would be awesome. But instead of coming with cheap shocks to swap out come with no shocks at all. Or a factory option to supplement an aftermarket shock at a reduced price. Aftermarket parts are expensive enough already. Especially after shipping them up north and currency exchanges.
I've always felt that the body positioning is too far back on the sled. Understandably for the narrowest sled on the market moving the riders position forward on the sled would be a challenge but would be a nice change. Something along the lines of adjustable forward steering like they used to have on the 900RMK's. Just don't make it flimsy like Cat's telescopic steering post was.
A good service manual with all specs and a few fiche pages would be nice. Instead of that brochure very sled comes with.
Lastly stock 1 1'8 bars would be nice too.

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
How about a High Beam / Low Beam switch on the handlebars instead of the console for those late night runs back to the lot...

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
I would like to see more in the 144/146 length. With polaris' decision not to update the switchback assault for 2016 one has to assume it will come for 2017

I'd like to see the assault or sks 144/146 with the coolers and so on, track option from 1.25 to 2.6. Options for ski width for trail or mountain. Move the rear skid of the assault from torsion spring to coil
Over. Also optional e start. Not mandatory

Then A 144/146 axys rmk with a track option from 2 to 3". Less cooling, all the lightweight gear, and a coupled skid. Better boards than previously offered on any of the polaris 144s to date. Maybe even tube frame

Headlight controls on the handle bars. That's a safety thing to go with the tether. I find it appalling to have to remove my hands from the bars to change light modes

sledhappy

Premium Member
Nov 22, 2008
I would like to see a true deal for those who want to snow check and not have the sleds discounted 2k+ off a month after the season starts. Its takes a lot of incentive off the table. These are your most loyal customers who are giving you $500 up front to have your product 6-8 months later.

OK quick rant onto the sled

1. "digital wrench" even a programmer that is reasonably priced so the consumer can see what is going on and fix it. All in all i know there is really a small number of us who still want to wrench on them but we are out here. The others will still take it to the dealer for repair and maintenance
2. Tether
3. Better storage ( i want extra room for googles not to smash them in) I do like that Polaris finally included something but come on; common sense make it big.
4. Seat options.
5. I like the idea of a builder model. No warranty cheaper price you can even keep the parts i am going to replace anyways.
6. 3" and a Belt Drive

DO NOT get me wrong the AXYS is by far the best sled to date the engineers have taken the chassis to another level. The motor appears to be holding up and ripping. I would buy another. Some times its the little things.

Mountainhorse thanks for putting this thread up!

GreenState

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
McCall
How about using marine-grade, waterproof connectors on the wiring harness?

Melting snow shouldn't take a sled out of commission....

Premium Features