• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Poo,,,,,,,,hmmm, that's it?

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
My few complaints, the 3" and no QD is kind of mind boggling even though I'm not a fan of the QD, It looks like ice scratchers are no longer factory? Have to pay extra? WTF, would be nice to see a factory tether, kind of disappointed in the price jump on the SKS (and the name, sounds pretty lame to tell all your non Poo buddys I'm getting an SKS!), looks like I will have to buy Ice Age Bombers for the 2nd year in a row, I wish you could interchange rail, spindle, and ski tip colors as some colors look better with a matching rail but not the spindles and vice versa, extra $ for piggyback shocks sucks but $400 is a small price to pay for how much I enjoyed mine this last season my next alternative would be raptors which are pushing $2k for full setup, bare aluminum a arms sucks mine will be covered in tree bark within 2 rides, the bar pad-less bars look funny, that's all I can think of for now. Sounds negative but I am a picky person, overall I still am VERY happy with what I see, love the black/blue but not a fan of the blue nosecone although a white skidplate does a nice job of covering it up. Love that they saw the need for the SKS model, love the "powdercoated tunnel" not painted and it's done completely even on top unlike the 15s, I can't wait to see one in person. Hopefully I don't trash mine up too bad on these last few rides to the point my riding buddy doesn't want to purchase it no longer, I can't stomach trade in value so that is not an option. If I decide not to order one, at least I have a long summer of mods to look forward to :)

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
2 more things to note, free burandtv for SKS and RMK snowchecks thru may 1, 2016 and the choice of free IDD with 2 yr warranty or 4 yr warranty is an awesome option IMO

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I'll say it again, I really believe Polaris only offered a 3" track just to follow suite so they wouldn't have people pissin and moaning about not offering a 3" when the other two manufactures do... When in reality they know the 2.6 is a better track. I honestly think that is why they didn't spend much time on making a different QD ratio that works for the 3" cause they want people to actually buy the 2.6" cause they know it works better on the Axys/Pro and 99 percent of the time it's gonna hook up better.

Look at there chart for tracks the 2.6 dang near covers the whole chart and they have the 3" covering like 10% lol that should tell you how they really feel

B

byoshovel

Dec 20, 2007
the greatest mountain rider to ever walk planet earth and his sidekick don't like the 3" so they must not work

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
i think no belt was because they were in a hurry and didnt want to repeat the nub stripping days .

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
I'll say it again, I really believe Polaris only offered a 3" track just to follow suite so they wouldn't have people pissin and moaning about not offering a 3" when the other two manufactures do... When in reality they know the 2.6 is a better track. I honestly think that is why they didn't spend much time on making a different QD ratio that works for the 3" cause they want people to actually buy the 2.6" cause they know it works better on the Axys/Pro and 99 percent of the time it's gonna hook up better.

Look at there chart for tracks the 2.6 dang near covers the whole chart and they have the 3" covering like 10% lol that should tell you how they really feel

In what situations would a 2.6 hook up better than a 3? I can see it being more playful in situations but not hook up better.

Honest question, I'm trying to decide between the QD 2.6 and the chaincase 3

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
In what situations would a 2.6 hook up better than a 3? I can see it being more playful in situations but not hook up better.

Honest question, I'm trying to decide between the QD 2.6 and the chaincase 3

Everywhere except bottomless powder that you get to ride 2 days a year

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
2.6 isn't going to hook up better than a 3. The 3 takes playfulness out. A little harder to get on edge. It might not be that noticeable going to this chassis. It will run 20 degrees hotter. The 3 inch is kind of a poor man's turbo. The 2.6 is lighter. looks to be 3 pounds lighter. I only had one day where my 3 didn't make much difference. I was shocked. I think most people will love the 3. Normal snow year they will be awesome. I'm getting the 2.6.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC

It don't know about "hook up better," but just be a better all around track with no real penalty in the powder. I think you're right - they did it just to have the option, not because the sled "needs" it to be competitive.

Price went up, but the array of combos/options is pretty huge.

Last edited:

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
The chart is marketing.

No one will know until they ride the 3 and 2.6 back to back, same days (more than one day). Every chassis reacts differently to a track, and the Axys will be no exception - it may love the 3, too, and the marriage may be better, or worse. Just won't know until the snow and miles pile up on them.

S

Snofreak3

Aug 13, 2012
Utah
www.facebook.com
Atleast Cat isn't building it and putting YAMAHA stickers on it:juggle:

Yeah. Who wants to ride a reliable/durable sled anyway? haha :fencing: It's all a preference but man that 2016 Cat is looking nimble. And from what I hear, the stock Yammy rides like a PRO. At least that what the guys who have spent a lot of time on it, and they're guys who have ridden PROs since '11...

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Yeah. Who wants to ride a reliable/durable sled anyway? haha :fencing: It's all a preference but man that 2016 Cat is looking nimble. And from what I hear, the stock Yammy rides like a PRO. At least that what the guys who have spent a lot of time on it, and they're guys who have ridden PROs since '11...

hahahahahahahahaha

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007

That was funny thanks for the laugh

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont

They handle like a Pro?

Welcome to 2011.:gossip:

HAHA.:boink:

S

Snofreak3

Aug 13, 2012
Utah
www.facebook.com
They handle like a Pro?

Welcome to 2011.:gossip:

HAHA.:boink:
I didn't say that they did. This is coming from legitimate riders in the industry that I know. Quite honestly, I'd ride a king cat before I'd ever buy a Polaris. I like reliable power. I can work on the handling and chassis. Did you read that they took MORE weight out of the crank from this engine over last year? I dunno what Polaris is thinking, but apparently they don't find value in tough cranks.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Towed more ACs and Doos out than I have Polaris sleds and I have been on a lot of rides with multiple Polaris sleds. That has been my experience anyway. I like the orange with the orange tunnel and orange rails and so on. Damn fine looking sled! Maybe just maybe. :)

Premium Features