• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

boondocker etec turbo arrived

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
its only been 3 months behind

buddy received his boondocker today, and is installing it as i type, hope to be out with him on thursday, to see it run and compare

with video...

so they are out...

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
install took more like two days since they could only install durring bussiness hrs...lol

instructions were as lame as they could get, and many calls needed

had it out yesterday, for its debu, snow is crazy deep down there and avalanches all over, one guy barried but dug out, it ran ok in the trees, but will need clutching changes

will need some exhaust modding, because it was plugging off offten in that snow, will need some changes to the fuel box since a/f is running 12s even, bit of poping down low

running 7 lbs boost, and they wanted full race??? not sure why, maybe to prevent any detonation from electronic screwups

over all nice system and hope to ride with it when its running its best, the aero feels stronger at 7

will need some intake mods done but charge temps seamed ok, will also need to take off the puss of a fan and find something better, did have the low voltage warning, but removed fan and it was ok

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
ok not to ask dum questions but why is everyone only running 7lbs of boost and not like 10-12lbs will they just not fuel that high or what because my buddy scott takes his txp with the R motor to 10-12lbs all the time

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
an etec with 7lbs on a aero kit is like a r motor with alot more boost

7 to 9 lbs is alot to hang onto to and will take you to areas you dont need to be at...

i ran up at 12 a few times buit all new clutching is needed for that boost, pushing well over 250hp

Premium Features