• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

22’ boost with 23’ flash

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The other thread got so far off track, I don’t think there is any resurrecting it.
Finally got my 22’ boost back from the dealer for all the recalls and getting my new 7s installed. My factory 7s died and I’ve been waiting for 2 months for a new gage.
First day out today with the new flash. It runs much better though the entire rpm range. Low end is crisper and more like my G5 turbo. The top end I gained close to 300 rpm, it’s really strong. It pulls hills very strong now at 8500 rpm. Feels like that’s where this engine should rev to. I never saw over 8250 before the flash and it was definitely not this strong. I had heard the new flash was good, but this is very good.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
You say that now when this thread will be gone off the front page by Monday and mine will be at the top of the forum with have some 287 lb, 67 year old, with diabetes, on EBT telling me he can destroy me on his M8 any day, anytime ?

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
You say that now when this thread will be gone off the front page by Monday and mine will be at the top of the forum with have some 287 lb, 67 year old, with diabetes, on EBT telling me he can destroy me on his M8 any day, anytime ?
Yours can disappear at any time, Chadly ?

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
I had the 23 flash installed on my 22 Boost. I was out west this weekend in the 5 feet of fresh snow. This was my first trip with the update done. I was getting a bog at wide open and wasn’t hitting the rpm’s that I was before. Not that you could see the screen much to watch rpm or look for a check engine light but the P3036 code for the exhaust valve came on quite often. I watched the dealer when they updated the software and they relearned the exhaust valves and wastegate but I still get the P3036 code randomly each day riding.

I have the 23 intake installed and the RPM silicone boots installed at the turbo. Wiping the intakes didn’t really make any difference on the bog. There were stretches were it didn’t seem to bog much and then also where it did it consistently.

Gonna bring it back and have the exhaust valves relearned again and see what happens next trip out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I had to take mine back after the flash to have the EV relearned, even though they swear they did it already at the same time as the flash.
One guy at the dealer said Polaris says to replace the cable if the code keeps returning, but all they did was relearn again.
I haven't been able to get out with it yet to find out of it is fixed or not.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Did they reflash the ECU again?
If they don’t have a good Wi-Fi connection, it will miss some of the flash. Polaris wants it hard wired.

D
I had the 23 flash installed on my 22 Boost. I was out west this weekend in the 5 feet of fresh snow. This was my first trip with the update done. I was getting a bog at wide open and wasn’t hitting the rpm’s that I was before. Not that you could see the screen much to watch rpm or look for a check engine light but the P3036 code for the exhaust valve came on quite often. I watched the dealer when they updated the software and they relearned the exhaust valves and wastegate but I still get the P3036 code randomly each day riding.

I have the 23 intake installed and the RPM silicone boots installed at the turbo. Wiping the intakes didn’t really make any difference on the bog. There were stretches were it didn’t seem to bog much and then also where it did it consistently.

Gonna bring it back and have the exhaust valves relearned again and see what happens next trip out.

You might be just getting powder bogged…? All the Polaris boosts get it when you are in deep snow and carving on your right side/Exhaust side. Until you run a tunnel dump you will always get it in the deep snow

Squirreler

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Mine gained 150 rpm from the flash so must of got the 23 flash. Much better woke the sled up even more. The TRS clutching with p85 makes the biggest difference in improvement though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y
Jan 4, 2009

They need to take apart the valves and clean them.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Also the cable that goes into the pipe valve, rounds off very easy. You start getting low hp. And then you get codes all the time.

M
Jan 22, 2019
Denver, CO
Can you get the 23 flash without the brake recall? Recently picked up my 22 after full engine rebuild (failed crank bearing) under warranty and they allowed me to forgo the brake recall given all the complaints. Curious if anyone has had the 23 flash done without the brake recall

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Can you get the 23 flash without the brake recall? Recently picked up my 22 after full engine rebuild (failed crank bearing) under warranty and they allowed me to forgo the brake recall given all the complaints. Curious if anyone has had the 23 flash done without the brake recall
You can’t.

It’s all automated and the dealer can’t control anything.

Hook up to the “skynet” and you get what you get.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I unplugged my wife's 9r because it was giving her fits. Never rode it enough to see if it was her or the sled. Kept shutting down and she swears she wasn't touching the brake.
Keep hearing to get the flash but my buddy's 22 beats my other buddy's 23 so he isn't taking his in.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
No way a 22 beats a 23. They aren't even in the same ballpark. Something else is wrong with the sled or they are Snowest Village Idiots.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
No way a 22 beats a 23. They aren't even in the same ballpark. Something else is wrong with the sled or they are Snowest Village Idiots.
I will tell my buddy he is a village idiot. He said it was running fine but hasn't had a boost before. I told my buddy with 22 that 23 should run better. Complete let down. Before weekend was over 23 isn't running. Fixed 1 wire and must be more. Flashing low fuel pressure now and won't pull boost.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I will tell my buddy he is a village idiot. He said it was running fine but hasn't had a boost before. I told my buddy with 22 that 23 should run better. Complete let down. Before weekend was over 23 isn't running. Fixed 1 wire and must be more. Flashing low fuel pressure now and won't pull boost.
Well that had absolutely nothing to do with the flash

Premium Features