• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XM 163 bent rails?

C
Dec 24, 2014
I was out changing a trailer tire this afternoon and noticed the rails on my buddys Ski Doo appear to be bent. They tip up at the back about halfway between the rear suspension mount and the rear idlers.

I know Polaris used to tip them up in back to make them turn easier on hardpack. I just want to verify if this is normal on the XM or not. Sure looks to me like they are damaged...

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
they do tip up, but they could also be bent..ha..just depends how far they are tipped up, if they had been bent real good(half inch over stock)then the track would ratchet.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
X2 they do bend up maybe a 1\2 in. Usually when they bend they also bow

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

WildBill47

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2012
You can see the rails are bent right after the first window in back section. I picked this sled up last year from the dealership brand new snow check.

image.jpg

WildBill47

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2012
Skidoo builds them that way thats how it came. So I rode it like that and no problems with the rails bending. I came in :first: over the poo.

Last edited:
C
Dec 24, 2014
Skidoo builds them that way thats how it came. So I rode it like that and no problems with the rails bending. I came in :first: over the poo.

Did you now... Even when I break trail for the Doos on a shorter track machine I come back to find they have been digging out...

C
Dec 24, 2014
Thanks for the info guys! Good to know it isn't damage already. I was kind of hoping for some ammo considering how poorly Poo did on a-arms this year...

WildBill47

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2012
I found the rider pinching the throttle is the reason why it gets stuck, the sled won't move without a rider!:eyebrows:. Merry Christmas to all that pinch the throttle!

Premium Features