• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Doo XP VS. Polaris Pro

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
finally came across a pro again.they are a rare breed around here.i was packin video cam but they were not interested in climbing with the big boys.i tried.:)

J
Feb 11, 2009
california
Cant wait get to ride with a few this weekend, should be fun.. there is alot of talk.. but if the rider is pro and has turbo his got it beat, in stock form these cant hang with me or my posse!!.. LOL full details i will be wearing a Go Pro so try to post it on here.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Cant wait get to ride with a few this weekend, should be fun.. there is alot of talk.. but if the rider is pro and has turbo his got it beat, in stock form these cant hang with me or my posse!!.. LOL full details i will be wearing a Go Pro so try to post it on here.

I ride with Pro,s and you guys will be surprised. The 163 will outclimb the doo in light powder.They really get on top and climb.Clutching is spot on and the skid is set up well and stays flat.Dont get too cocky!

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
the track on the Prolaris is made for light snow. i would like to see a comparison in highmarking a xp and pro after they have the same track. give them both the camo extreme 15x154x2.5 and lets see some dancin. take the sleds from washington to Utah and see if there is any difference in them from state to state.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
The big boys, LOL, I always figured you for a fat kid !!!

LOL, and we all know your the dumb kid, not riding the XP or the Pro...just a regular on the short bus

Last edited:
M

MontanaPowder

Nov 30, 2007
Kalispell
Experience

I ride with Pro,s and you guys will be surprised. The 163 will outclimb the doo in light powder.They really get on top and climb.Clutching is spot on and the skid is set up well and stays flat.Dont get too cocky!

Do a search on my threads, do one on this gentleman also. He and I both run big bore xp sleds with lots of seat time, I do not know him just respect him for what he has posted. Hope the same here. 30 years sledding and clutching, still learning.

IMO he has a valid point, I have both in my garage, 155etec, 163 pro. They both have strong points, last ride out the Pro was better in 2 foot of fresh up steep, just gets on top of snow better. A 163*16 etec would have been different IMO.

The pro rear is hands down better skid IMO. Just went and spent $$ on my 180 hp XP 174 skid to try and duplicate the pro skid. There are so many variables, the pro comes with Team secondary. Buddy with stock xp motor with 174 *2.5 goes and puts on a Team tied and it made a HUGE difference, very close to my big bore, I am 50 pounds heavier, too many variables to compare. I ran Team on my 1000 rev, my 04rkt 800 rev. Now I may change out my 180hp to the Team. Notice Byeatts has allready tested the above.

The pro needs setup also, it is a very good skid and is sensitive to settings. Took me 300 miles to get it where I like it. I am buying another pro in future for the fun factor unless ski doo comes with a snow check I can't refuse. Fuel and oil useage has been better on pro also to 500 miles.

Both great sleds just saying, should not be a slam of either just honest reporting, keep in mind you must consider many variables. Best bet is spend at least 300 miles on each and then post your findings if possible. This would give honest opinion.

I like DOO and the Pro. My 55 year old brother rides an M8 turbo 174 and it is a hoot also, I have not ridden it 300 miles so I am not used to it therefor I will not comment on the chassis. The motor is arguably the best motor on the market IMO. If artic comes with a new chassis maybe???:face-icon-small-hap

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
All right this is a little off base but a good fun chat subject.I have a hard time believing they can run with the xp but what have you guys seen? Be honest!!

VS Thread #642.it took poo 3 years to match the 08 xp wt.
if you want opinions use the search option,lots there.
if your gear matches the pro better than the xp buy it and race around the snopark with the rest of them,cause that's the only place ive seen them.

Theirs no tracks where we ride or at the top till we get there.

ive ridin with turbo poooz and im waiting for them to push the right button to make it run or there blocking the hill in the middle half way.zzzzzzzzzzzzz phssshhhhhh.BEEP BEEP BEEP SHUT DOWN SHUT DOWN.lol

Last edited:
S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
LOL, and we all know your the dumb kid, not riding the XP or the Pro...just a regular on the short bus

well, I got 2 things for ya today there buttercup. 1, your comprehension skills must be lacking a bit similar to your general knowledge (tough to gain a good base of understanding in Chetwynd I imagine) , and 2, don't hate me , it wasn't me who took your regular seat on the bus.

PS; don't you love it when you get team-mates like xpensiv (whatever) making comments like the one below. LOL. u, him and fredw should have a meeting, all get your best big bumblbee tee shirts on sit around and drink a few diet pepsi's and tell each other how your sleds can dominate the world and jump around high fiving each other. LOL.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
PS; don't you love it when you get team-mates like xpensiv (whatever) making comments like the one below. LOL. u, him and fredw should have a meeting, all get your best big bumblbee tee shirts on sit around and drink a few diet pepsi's and tell each other how your sleds can dominate the world and jump around high fiving each other. LOL.[/QUOTE]

Mearly stating the facts as they are presented to me.doo a research project for your lack of knowledge on these facts.
I don't have a gay bee shirt.I don't drink diet pepsi,my sled doesn't dominate(don't know where you got that from)and the only time I'm jumping around is when there is a hot fire and cold beer after a good ride.my team mate is invisible.lol

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
well, I got 2 things for ya today there buttercup. 1, your comprehension skills must be lacking a bit similar to your general knowledge (tough to gain a good base of understanding in Chetwynd I imagine) , and 2, don't hate me , it wasn't me who took your regular seat on the bus.

PS; don't you love it when you get team-mates like xpensiv (whatever) making comments like the one below. LOL. u, him and fredw should have a meeting, all get your best big bumblbee tee shirts on sit around and drink a few diet pepsi's and tell each other how your sleds can dominate the world and jump around high fiving each other. LOL.

Blah..Blah..Blah my 3 year old could have come up with a better response than that Slick. :face-icon-small-coo But I see you thought it was good enough to give yourself some "LOL" and a couple knee slappers.

Pro is a nice sled, got to ride with one a few weeks ago. Fit and finish was top notch. Was a contender in the deep stuff.

E-tec was in our group as well, very smooth power and seems to get up on the snow well. Either sled will not disappoint.

Last edited:
Premium Features