• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008-09 Season for the Dragon RMK 7

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
1) Rather short season for me.
2) Regeared it to a 19t top
3) Side panel vents and drilled out left foot well a bit more
4) Fabcraft chambers on the 3 air shocks.

Belt lasted almost a week. It went on the last day out of 6. I was surprised but ticked in the same sentence because I thought I had cured it. Guess not. It will be going in for inspection of why it keeps eating belts. It's enough to tick a guy off.

Shocks worked great, a bit stiff so I will unscrew the bolt a bit next year and play around with it to get it where I would like it. Best money I spent though as they were always fully extended and never dived like the stock set up. The two 08 Dragons in the group barely had 3-4" of extension in the mornings when mine were all the way out sitting right next to them.

I need to replace the steering post, the hood hinge, and steering hoop this spring. I have found out thigh bones are stronger then those metal components. 45mph into concrete snow does a number that is for sure.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Don't quit riding yet, I think we (MT) are sending more snow your way soon... we ride until almost June most years. :D

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
My 700 blows belts too. I was told to get the shock tower vents and the vents below yer knees, supposedly that makes the air pass through. i believe 2coolairvents.com has these vents. SLP does also but they are harder to put on and more expensive

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
Was thinking along those lines for next season. I have everythign but the shock tower deal.

Been thinking of the XS belts from Carlise due to a few posts on here. Heck it's worth a shot I guess.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
I'd check the engine mounts, a cousin of mine has a broken one on his '09 600SB and has eaten 2 belts so far. I'm still on my original one on my '08, 1000 miles on one belt, almost 5k on original.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Wow, I had 2800 miles on my D7 and never lost a belt. I went through 3 simply because they were starting to wear.

RJ, did you pull your motor prior to the belt issues? I'm surprised to hear that two D7's have eaten belts in the same thread.

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
No I haven't touched it at all. I'm bringing it in I think next week for them to look it over. I'm sick of the belt problems.

First year, went the season with the factory belt. Second season couldn't go more then a day or two out west with the belts. This year I made it through the week until the last day and then it went again and I have done the gearing the venting and had the alingment checked.

I would love for the to tell me it's the mounts, that would at least say something was wrong but from all indications things look normal.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
It has to be something unique to your sled, because that is just not characteristic of that sled. I never had any shock tower vents, but I did gear it down to a 19 tooth gear my second year.

Premium Features