• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019?

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
^ Thats 3 years old. Looks like for a snowbike.....about the same timeframe cat started blabbering about a snike. Sled still needs a 15-16” wide track and doesn’t need half the track flopping around with no support.

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
That is not a sno bike skid. It's for a sled. Looks highly likely a version of this will be on the 19 mountain models. Looks like at least a couple year old ideas at least so good chance it's been tested thoughly. Can't wait to try it.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
It's the patent that was filed right before the joint venture single rail Camso snow bike kits came out. Doesn't matter what it's drawn mounted to as long as the concept is shown correctly for the patent office. Doesn't mean it will show up on a sled and doesn't mean it can't. I'm sure it would make a sled roll over easy for meadow mashing, but if it makes it wishy washy on a sidehill I want nothing to Doo with it.

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
:yuck:
It's the patent that was filed right before the joint venture single rail Camso snow bike kits came out. Doesn't matter what it's drawn mounted to as long as the concept is shown correctly for the patent office. Doesn't mean it will show up on a sled and doesn't mean it can't. I'm sure it would make a sled roll over easy for meadow mashing, but if it makes it wishy washy on a sidehill I want nothing to Doo with it.

I see what you ski-did there lol

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
I don't think I want this mono-rail suspension. I have ridden a Doo with the T-Motion and flex edge track and didn't care for it. It side hills pretty good until you hit someone else's trench or something unexpected under the snow and then it immediately points you uphill. Not a good thing. Why do you think everyone is making a T-Motion lock out and taking their flex edge tracks off. With the flex edge track it acts like a bicycle tire on the snow and we all know what a bicycle tire does on snow. Now we are going to just make a bigger bicycle tire by putting one rail down the center? I have my 18's for sale right now, I will probably take them down now if this is what is supposed to be revolutionary.

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Don't knock it tell you try it. I'm sure it is not just like ski doos set up and I think the ski doos unpredictable handling started well before the flex track. My 2 cents. Never know might improve the handling not hurt it.
I actually can ride a doo not to bad know. A few years ago I literally could not side hill one.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Don't knock it tell you try it. I'm sure it is not just like ski doos set up and I think the ski doos unpredictable handling started well before the flex track. My 2 cents. Never know might improve the handling not hurt it.
I actually can ride a doo not to bad know. A few years ago I literally could not side hill one.
Doo was the worst sidehilling sled ever made, until tmotion they were a self-leveling piece of crap!

Sent from my A577VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND

OK. How am I Going to try it before I buy it? I heard there is not going to be any spring sleds for sale and they are going to have a demo tour that only a handful of people can get to, more than likely. Snow check only on the sales. Sounds to me like you are the best candidate to buy one if you like how a Doo handles? If they are truly going to go this route and it turns out to be a good thing I hope I can eat my words!!

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
I don't think I want this mono-rail suspension. I have ridden a Doo with the T-Motion and flex edge track and didn't care for it. It side hills pretty good until you hit someone else's trench or something unexpected under the snow and then it immediately points you uphill. Not a good thing. Why do you think everyone is making a T-Motion lock out and taking their flex edge tracks off. With the flex edge track it acts like a bicycle tire on the snow and we all know what a bicycle tire does on snow. Now we are going to just make a bigger bicycle tire by putting one rail down the center? I have my 18's for sale right now, I will probably take them down now if this is what is supposed to be revolutionary.

We don’t even know what the heck they are releasing, so now we are already complaining on the speculation? I like that they are moving things forward and may be trying something a bit radical on this new sled, even a limited release just to test the market. Keeps the sport exciting, and that’s something we need amongst other things.

CarbonWerx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2010
Missoula, MT
SHHHH don't tell anyone...

2019 will have the monorail. Might get a factory turbo in 19 but likely to not see it till 20, but it is coming and we can cross our fingers that Textron is pouring the man power and R&D at it. 21 will be on a new chassis. Just hoping that doo doesn't beat us to the factory turbo. The monorail is on the snow now.
:jaw:

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Honestly I’d be happy with a factory belt drive and clean up the controls on the bars new snow flap design and if they could shed a little more weight then only what the belt drive provides. But in any case I’d like to able to buy the factory parts and apply them to my 18 so it doesn’t make my 18 seems so obsolete

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I’d like to able to buy the factory parts and apply them to my 18 so it doesn’t make my 18 seems so obsolete

Keep dreamin, that thing's going to be worthless in two weeks. Better get out now.

5 grand.

Final offer.

Premium Features