• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil & Smoke

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
What oil smokes the least in your Eteck
Is Amsoil Interceptor any less smoky than Ski doo SPX2
Not looking for a debate on oil quality just what smokes the least and runs cleanest in the Eteck engine.
Is there any other oil that may work and run clean?

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
I run Doo oil, don't know if smokes more or less than others, but it sure does smell bad. Would hate to ride behind it.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i have ran ams oil, as well as doo synthetic. i did not notice a difference between either of them. they both burned clean after break in.

worx53

hotrodsledshop.com
Lifetime Membership
Jul 15, 2009
www.hotrodsledshop.com
Had a few motors apart this year and all that were burning skidoo synthetic had exhaust ports caked with black residue that created a thick crusty buildup that had to cause reduced airflow. Anything we had apart that was run with interceptor was very clean.

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
Oil

I just switched over from BRP to Interceptor. I didn't find either oil smoked that much, if at all, but it was the retched smell of BRP that turned me off, gave me a tequila hangover headache! The Interceptor burns nice and clean and no stink! It's also quite a bit cheaper than the BRP stuff........

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
Oil

Does anybody run legend oil in their etech? I run it in my pro and really like it and it smells really good, plus I just bought a case, I was thinking about changing it over

Premium Features