• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Code 42 2007 Apex

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
Went riding today and halfway through the day I got a flashing code 42 and I lost my speed display.

Looked up the code and it says it's the speed sensor, but everyone that had the problem got it after changing the track, jackshaft or a bearing.

I haven't done any of that, why would this code get thrown just while riding, been over a 1000 miles since I had the track off? Has anyone got any input on what I need to check or how I go about it?

Too early in the season for gremlins, advice DESPERATELY needed. :face-icon-small-dis

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Id make sure the bearing is good, the wheel is still on the shaft, and the sensor is in tact and plugged in. Belt come apart and wreck a wire? If everything is perfect id try a new sensor.

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
Yeah everything seems to look ok, I'm gonna try to take it apart tomorrow and see if anything seems hinky.

Just not sure why it started in the middle of riding, no belt problems or any other mishaps.

Thanks for the input.

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
Well got it apart and the thing broke right off the bolts and was dangling in there. Not sure if it just vibrated loose or just got brittle.

Got another one on order, hopefully it doesn't wreck the weekend. :face-icon-small-dis

Thanks for the input and help. :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features