• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new impulse nytro seat

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
heres a few photos of the new seat for impulse nytros . the seat is super plush and makes the transition form sitting to standing really easy . Much better than my custom job i had on last year :D
revy09004.jpg

revy09005.jpg

Z

zsnowshredder

Nov 30, 2007
Mancos, CO
Best looking seat I have seen for the Impulse Turbos. Two questions.

1) Price?

2) Why is it so hard to get rid of the gap between the seat and the tank on all the Impulse seats?

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Looks good I also have one but haven't got a chance to see it yet, it's still at the dealer.

A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
The new seats are really nice, Wasatch Recreational Products builds the seat and did a really good job. I rode Pauls with the seat and it is very nice, sits up nice and high. I would have got one myself if my wife did not spend so much time making mine.

Y

yamboosta

Dec 5, 2007
Sedro-Woolley
i purchased seat

It sure looks wide at the front. I didn't get any direction on where to
put mounting tabs or other supplied bracket. Any advice or instructions?

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
Best looking seat I have seen for the Impulse Turbos. Two questions.

1) Price?

2) Why is it so hard to get rid of the gap between the seat and the tank on all the Impulse seats?

the gap on my sled is from the heat from the turbo warping the plastics while upside down :rolleyes:.
I also got the chance to roll test the mounting system on the weekend and it held up great ! the new mounting makes the seat way easier to take off as well :beer;

W

wpnyturbo

Oct 15, 2009
the new seat is very tall and kinda wide think it is just something to get used to.
GetAttachment.jpg

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I just got my sled back with the seat.

I like how tall it is and how firm it is.

But like said above I don't like the gap between the front plastic and seat.

It is also to wide at the bottom IMO. It's pushing out on my knees when I have my feet all the way out on the boards. Gonna take some getting used to.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
excuse my ignorance...but do you open the storage compartment to fill the tank?

Yes. Like others have said, its very tall:eek: Im 6'8" and went to sit down and was very surprised i barely had to bend my knees to sit. Nice seat and feels great to sit on.

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
excuse my ignorance...but do you open the storage compartment to fill the tank?

Unfortunately, if thats also for 'storage', I know at least I would have very gasy smelling gear.. My gas cap still leaks badly most the time. I've tried multiple o-rings and have just begun to live with it. I'd hate to see the mess it'd make inside that compartment.

It does look better than some of the first 'drafts' I've seen of the seat however.
Would like to try one IRL.

Still, spendy stuff for a seat.

I
Nov 26, 2007
Im 6'8" and went to sit down and was very surprised i barely had to bend my knees to sit.

So what you're saying is my feet won't touch the boards?

Unfortunately, if thats also for 'storage', I know at least I would have very gasy smelling gear.

That's what I'm worried about, I like to keep my water bottles in the seat but don't want them covered in gas. I understand the cost since it's built for such a small market.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
The newer kits dont leak, and the older ones were easily fixeable with a o ring in the cap followed by a flat ring to seal against the tank.

And yes my feet touch, but barely, lol.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Unfortunately, if thats also for 'storage', I know at least I would have very gasy smelling gear.. My gas cap still leaks badly most the time. I've tried multiple o-rings and have just begun to live with it. I'd hate to see the mess it'd make inside that compartment.

It does look better than some of the first 'drafts' I've seen of the seat however.
Would like to try one IRL.

There is not enough room to put anything in the compartment anyway so no need to worry. Doesn't bother me I ware a backpack.

B

b_sandgren

Dec 24, 2008
For those of you that has a leaky gas cap...mine was also leaking on the impulse apex kit. I just ordered a new cap and it fixed the problem. The old cap had formed to the stock tank and didnt quite fit right. Just a heads up. Teh cap was only 15 bucks

Premium Features