• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQR 800 w/ 136" track thinking of selling

PR Performance

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Southern Minnesota
I have an 05 IQR chassis with an 09 600r motor with 800 top end, trail tanks big tank, 136" track x 1.75 lug ported, gas rack, White powermadd handgaurds, Digitron 3 window gauge, Z-Bros 43" front end with 09 race spindles, Fox float 2 front shocks, walker evans shocks in rear, with the back one softened, SLP white powder pros on it or could put on white C&A XTs, Neils Power Pipe single, Sno Skins Powder kit on hood(nose, vents and headlights), Also have brads side panel vents, rox foottreads, and stompgrip on tunnel, and led taillight I think that is it. I will try to post some pics soon.
I am thinking of building a new one with an 800 cfi motor, so I am checking to see if there is any interest in this sled or not, the chasis has never been raced.
If I decide to sell it is going to be about $9000, the motor has less than 300 miles on it, Chassis has about 2000 miles on it but is very clean

I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
Just so you know 9k is a little high for just a 136 in a five year old chassie. I just bought a '05 IQR and it has a 45" Z-Broz front, Fox floats up front, 155" rear skid with Exit shocks and 9" billet MM kit 155" polaris track and a 685 with twins with no more than 500 miles total on everything. I picted it up for 6k out the door a month ago. Sold my 600 mod turbo for under 7k a month ago the market just sucks right now but good luck to ya, sounds like a sweet sled.

I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
yeah thats your best bet. The 800 CFI isnt dependable at all a bud of mine just went through 2 2010 top ends, a VR, and a ECM in just the past month. not including the 6 top ends he went through the past two seasons since it was new. I am very happy with my 155 skid and track, ive got Iceage rails and Exit shocks and it works very well. I jump the shiit out of it and i can boondock and climb very well. the IQR is by far the strongest and funnest chassies out there.

PR Performance

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Southern Minnesota
I was thinking of going to an assault until this past weekend in the snowies, most of the cfi's were having issues with all of the powder. and I ended up droping into opposite side of creek and hit the snow bank about 35 mph, and never damaged anything, hit a rock later and slightly bent the spindle, everything else is perfect other than that. I definitely need more track as we had gotten about 3ft of fresh powder while we were there, I couldn't do much climbing, the motor is very strong, I need to find a different needle for it as at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle is was a little boggy, bottom end and wide open was great, and on off gas was really good, it was when you held it at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle for a while it would get boggy. I was also running 320 mains and 51h weights seems quit low for an 800. I am going to put on some powerjets from bad oscar customs. I am looking at putting a 144" or 146" skid under it, what is the best out there for jumping and sidehilling or boondocking.

I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
For your performance You need to look at your rpm range. I belive you should be tacking upwards of 8350 when climbing. If not then your top end bog could be that the weights are to heavy or you need a different helix in your secondary. As for the track its all rider prefference. i Climb alot but also love to boondock and usually i have to do all that to get to the biggest drops so i kinda do it all. Have some guys that i ride with that do huge drops and re-entries with 163" tracks so is all about what you like. I think the 155 is the best all around track for a backcountry IQR.

PR Performance

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Southern Minnesota
I was only taching out at about 8100 on trail and 8000 in powder, I am running a team tied secondary with a 73-59-.46 helix with a red/silver spring, It seems odd that I was running 51g weights at 10500ft and still could not pull enough rpm, that seems pretty low, the 600 racer I was with had about the same everything as me and was pulling 8300 rpm all day long with 49g weights, I also run a 19-43 gearing, almond red primary spring. I am leaning towards a 146" assault rear skid for $ reasons, should be cheaper to find one of those and find a track then aftermarket complete rear skid, I want something I can still ride back in minnesota.

I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
Yeah i would look into a different helix if that doesnt do it then needle position or jetting. Im still working with my 685 setup. i can pull 8000 rpm at 6,000 ft but when i get to 8 or 9 i lose 300 rpm. Going to shave 1 gram off tommorow and try that saturday. id like to be around the 8300 range if this doesnt work then im calling carls cycle and ordering there helix. As for your rear skid i always thought an assault skid and track would be a sweet combo for a IQR.

I just finished up my 800 iqr with an assault rear, and I think buck for buck, its a great setup for the iqr. Stock valving seems to compliment the front end of the iqr really well. Also, as for clutching that helix seems really steep. I have settled on a 50-44-46 with a black spring and love it. In the primary I am running a 140-330 spring with 58's. I think I would like to try a 160-340 with 60's but I don't have the spring yet.

PR Performance

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Southern Minnesota
what elevation are you running at to pull your 58s or 60s? I will pull 60 gram weights with a 160-340 spring at 1000 ft elevation and get about 8300 rpm, remember I am running a team tied secondary, I was running a 64-40-36 with the black spring before in a tss04. I am pretty sure I am going to find an assault rear skid, what track did you put under it. I am also going to try different exhaust valve springs, I have the stock 800s in it now, going to try a slp pink. As for jetting I was running a 320 main jet at 9000-11000 ft with the needle at first clip, fuel screw at 2 turns, 165-310 primary spring, s51h weights, team tied helix 73-59-46 with red/silver team spring, held rpm in powder at about 7950, egts would hit about 1100 most times but that was as high as it would go. Ran pretty good unless you held at just over half throttle then it would get gurgly, would clean out as soon as you pinned it.

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
$9000.00 might be a tick high, but I think you are missing the big part of this sale. It's the 800R engine. Yes its a 2005 chassis, but he alot of trick stuff on this. Comparing your 685 to that 800r engine is apples to oranges. 685s and 660's are a dime a dozen. That 600r long stroke engine by itself is a much better engine than the 600 HO or VES engine. $9000.00 might be reaching a bit, but its not nuts.

I would pick up a newer bulkhead, and swap evething over. I think you can buy a service bulkhead and tunnel from polaris for about $1000.00. Then you have a 2010 with a 800r engine in it. I would stay away from the 800 CFI unless you are going to turbo or mod it right away (at the very least a PC on it), the guys building the 800r's around here are getting more horsepower with the carbs than CFI, and last about 400 hours longer on the Polaris dyno.

PR Performance

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Southern Minnesota
I have installed the quick steer linkage also so it makes it pretty easy turning, The chasis has never been raced and it seems to be holding up pretty good, and I do quit a bit of jumping and drops, I am looking at getting a 2010 racer and switching most of it over and selling the rest of it. I will wait and see what I can find and condition, I have bought from Judnicks and there stuff is usually in really good shape. I haven't made up my mind yet, but for sure keeping this motor and race chasis as my sled, I am sending cylinders to bad oscar customs for some work and I believe a head from power addictions for low and high elavation, also will be installing powerjets for easier tuning, I do keep fighting that damn I bolt at bottom of steering post I have bolted a block and still seems to come loose. I really do like this motor, I am very happy with it.

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
Sounds like a really nice sled. That engine itself is worth quiet a bit. I f'd up and missed out on a steal on one (800r engine, pipe, wiring, clutchs). Owell, still crying at night.
TTT for ya.

Premium Features