• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cheap alternitive m series hood pins!

S
Nov 30, 2007
cda, idaho
so, i needed to get myself some new hood pins because of a tree...

called around and found that the pins range in price from 13.95 to 16.95, and that they would have to order them...loooked at one place on line and they were 13.95 and 16.95 for shipping (are you kidding me!!) so for $44.85 cents i could get two hood pins sent to my door or 22.43 each...OUCH!!!

went to our local fasteners type store in town...and got the same thing basically....

what i got is called a clevis pin. it's the same size width and length, and you could get it in longer lengths for the ladies if they so desire...

they cost me 69 cents each...the only difference is they are made out of steel, so they will rust over time, but for 69 cents each, i can replace them each year and not care!!

just want to share this cheaper alternitive for you all!

stock version on top, clevis pin on bottom

clevis pin.JPG

M

mezz250x

Feb 1, 2008
Dassel, MN
I have had to straighten mine a few times. I just set them on the anvil part of the vise and hit them with a steel hammer till they are straight. Even cheaper than 69 cents.

Good find though if a guy would break one of the stock ones.

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
hey i got that beet ,, try a 39 cent 1/4 20 .. 4 inch bolt ! with nylock

Premium Features