• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

zbros gripe

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
Just figured I'd share some disappointment with the community. I ran a zbros TSS replacement the last few years and it was a mess out of the box - but I modified it to work really well. On a Yamaha, the strut is too long. I have to cut 3/4" off the treads to get the strut length right for a 30 degree rake. The spring is way too soft at the factory setting also, but you can't adjust it with the spanner ring - it won't turn on the threads at all. So you have to compress the spring in a press with a top hat and take it off, then set the preload ring and compress the spring back on the shock. That worked really well once I got the preload dialed in for my Riot LE.

I ordered another one for the Riot Pro this year, got it and cut it down to fit... only to then find that the preload threading was reduced by zbros by over half. Even at full preload it's so soft that my 180lbs compresses it half travel sitting on the bike. So it's basically useless for the intended application.

Email to customer service... no reply.
Phone call - attitude from a junior support guy that couldn't understand and promised a call back from a manger, owner, engineer.... never got it.
Email again.... no reply.

Don't buy the TSS shock... maybe don't ever buy anything from them at all - my 2 cents.

Inkedzbros_LI.jpg

D
Apr 25, 2019
WA
My 17 Raw kit I got used came with preload only IFP ZBros skid shocks. I called them 2 times about any info on the shocks and both people were not about to offer any help at all. My first question was just about the recommended air pressure. Second call was if they could offer shorter shocks or install spacers to lower my kit. No help either call. We ended up servicing the shocks ourselves, adding spacers and guestimating the air pressure based on the similar Fox pressures. I had been thinking of buying more adjustable shocks from them until the last call. My shocks do seem like decent quality so I can't complain there.

Premium Features