• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AC telescoping post on an 06 m7

S
Feb 11, 2011
Rifle, CO
So has anyone installed the arctic cat telescoping steering post on the older m series sleds. My wife rides an 06 m7 and really wants the telescoping bars. I picked up the arctic cat telscoping post and began to install it. First off I notice Im going to have to use different shorter bars, Has anyone tried or done this to their sleds. The big concern for me is with the bend in the new style post they are mounted in a different locatoin on the bulkhead. Rather than just start drilling holes in the bulk head I thought I would look for some insight on here. Anyone have any iformation or help on this. I measured compairing to my 11 m8 and it mounts considerably left of where the 06 m7 mounts to the bulkhead. She is going to have to wait till i get some help on this. I know its been done to the older sleds so please help. Thanks!!!!!

S

SnoPro753

May 4, 2008
Central Iowa
I have done it to a 07' M1000 but not an M7. It was easy, but handlebars are the same.

Hopefully someone else will chime in on M7 install.

J
Aug 31, 2011
06 models, they say, have to have the bottom of the older shaft cut and welded to the newer shaft...They say that the teley is weaker . I say after installing them on my 07 is to find the height the wifey likes when she is standing and buy risers.

P

Photomaker

Dec 9, 2007
SW Montana
I did it to my 05 m7, it works great. You do have to relocate in the bulkhead to compensate for the bend in the new bars. I think it was 3/4 of an inch to the right when looking from the front of the sled to the handlebars. The headlight and handwarmer controls won't work as good on the new bar. I ended up using black silicone to fill the controls to keep snow and water out of them. I then had more room on the bars and added hand guards. I could post you a picture if you would like.

P

Photomaker

Dec 9, 2007
SW Montana
Hope these help.

Here in the first picture: you can see the original hole to the left 3/4 of an inch. I siliconed over it but if you look carefully you can see the hole.

IMG_2201.jpg

Here in the second picture: you can see how I took off the plastic molding (because it doesn't fit the new handlebar) and just filled in the cavity with black silicone. By removing the molding I had more space on the bar, which allowed me to put on the hand guards. I did the left side the same way. You can also expect having to put on new handwarmers and grips and having to extend cables to allow for the increased handlebar height.

IMG_2197.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features