• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handlebar Modification

W
Mar 24, 2023
Wyoming
Hey folks, thought this would be a good place to post this!

I've got a 2002 800 Mountain Cat that is a great sled, the only thing id like to change is the handlebars. I would like to raise them up about 4-6' and install a finger throttle.
I've toyed with the idea of going with a complete aftermarket bar setup, however, i have a good feeling that raising the bars that much is going to require me to extend some stuff.
I've also asked Munster what would make the finger throttle incompatible with my sled and they said it's because of the throttle position on older sleds. I truly believe that where there is a will there is a way, I just would like to know if anyone else has made an undertaking such as this. Am i about to make my life really, really difficult, r is this not the most difficult mod in the world?

Thanks! hope to hear from y'all.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I ran taller bars on those, had to extend throttle cable and I’d have local hyd hose shop build longer brake cables as well.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I can't really think of anything that would prevent the finger throttle from being used. As long as it won't interfere with windshield etc, you should be able to use it. We've got bars off a 2012ish pro climb on an 04 1M, not really any different than your 02.
Like you say, longer cables/wires/brake line, but none of that is a deal breaker.

Premium Features