• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 m7 fuel issues

G
Nov 18, 2020
Hey everyone Ive been working on a 06 m7. what is happening is the fuel pump will no longer run. we can make it run with a battery and when the sled is running via the battery the voltage coming from the ecm is 14v. as soon as we connect the fuel pump to the sled wiring it slowly will drop from 14v till 3v or so. We have checked wires from the pump to the ecm and there are no issues. we have tried a new pump just incase it was a issue also no change. we have ohmed the fuel pump coil and it shows 2.3 ohms which i am told is in range. inspected motor and chassis grounds and all are good. Now all this being said im not a cat guy so maybe its somthing simple and i just dont know the trick. anyone ever had this issue or any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks hope everyone has a good season

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I would ohm the fuel pump coil cold and then hot when you are seeing low voltage. See if it changes . I believe the CCU has the regulator in it so maybe if you have a spare try that. The fuel pump coil spec is 1.9 +- 20%. 1.52-2.28, so you are on the high end of the spec it may change when hot. I would also check all the wiring on the sled the M did have a few gremlins with wiring.

Premium Features