• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Opinions on Jeep anti-theft cut-off switch

I've been thinking of doing something to my Jeep to slow down a would be theif.

I've considered so far:

A semi hidden readily accesible switch that would either disconnect the fuel pump, fuel injectors, ignition, or power to the starter selonoid (sp?)

Disconnect the starter portion of the ignition switch and use semi hidden push button starter.

A combination of a push button starter, and a fuel system disconnect?

Better to let them turn it over, maybe fire off then die, or just keep it from turning over at all???

B
Nov 28, 2007
i have old fj 40 landcruiser (4 wheelin machine) used to have a short in system kill a battery in a couple days iended up putting in a master switch (key type) in line with the ground from the battery,easy since my battery box is in the cab due to sbc conversion , problem solved for dead battery issues and turn the switch off and pull the key awesome anti theft device.. great in summer when the top and doors are off...:beer;:)

Nov 26, 2007
CrawlOrado
A brake line lock
hidden fuel pump cutoff and/or starter disable switch

A good alarm works wonders, mine is so sensative if it rains she'll chirp at you

Alarms are cheap insurance and peace of mind, even on a Jeep (open top or not if you barely bump my truck she'll let you know)

Premium Features