• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mt Baker Shootout Q's...

D
Feb 27, 2011
New to this forum... I know Mt Baker Shootout is April 9th... Wondering how to compete in it?? Is there somewhere to register? Or a site with the rules? Never done it before, watched many times. Any info would be great! Thanks!

SNOBI-WAN-KENOBI

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
North Bend,Washington
New to this forum... I know Mt Baker Shootout is April 9th... Wondering how to compete in it?? Is there somewhere to register? Or a site with the rules? Never done it before, watched many times. Any info would be great! Thanks!

CONTACT the"North West Glacier Cruisers" They have ALL the info you need.

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Seeing as you are new--It is a social event--the club does NOT sponsor any racing.

If individuals want to set something up for racing each other---well--we can not stop you.

NWGC will have food up on the mountian for a donation, they arrange to have demo sleds from all the manufacturers that will attend and put together a overall great time!!!

M
Sep 18, 2009
Puyallup, WA
then i guess the event should be called "the mt baker social event" because the mt baker shootout is missleading.

thats like calling it a full service gas station, but you have to pump your own gas and clean your own windshield.

D

Dustin_R

Jan 11, 2010
Washington
then i guess the event should be called "the mt baker social event" because the mt baker shootout is missleading.

thats like calling it a full service gas station, but you have to pump your own gas and clean your own windshield.

Just like H20SKE said:

"they arrange to have demo sleds from all the manufacturers that will attend"

You could consider it a Manufacturers shootout held at Mt Baker? With food provided by the club? :boink:

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton

Got a problem with it?? Take over and pay the insurance to cover a race on the hill and get the permits from the forest service---You do not like it-do not come do not read it and just ignore it.

You respond like it is the end of the world it is named that---atke a chill pill and relax!!

M
Sep 18, 2009
Puyallup, WA
talk about needing to take a midol. you need to chill the f-out.

dont you find it a LITTLE bit funny that its called a shoot out but your not organizing the "shoot out".

i'm thinking your taking my sarcastic response a little to personally...dude.

S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
talk about needing to take a midol. you need to chill the f-out.

dont you find it a LITTLE bit funny that its called a shoot out but your not organizing the "shoot out".

i'm thinking your taking my sarcastic response a little to personally...dude.

the big iron shoot out is unsanctioned also.... listen guys come there and race but its not like jackson hole.

Heres an idea Midwest_Cat pull your panties up and be a leader!!!
if u wanna race then help put it togerther just like Ozone does at the Big Iron shoot out....
get us guys going find some cool hockey jerseys post a threat for all the guys with big balls and horsepower and make it happen-----its better than bitching about it all right?:focus:

M
Sep 18, 2009
Puyallup, WA
thats the thing..i wasnt really bitching.

it just seems odd that the club doesnt issue hold harmless agreements to the racers, where by the racer cant sue other racers, the club, or the forest service for their actions on the hill resulting from an accident of any kind. then, racers must have issued numbers (they'll get them when they sign the agreement) to run the track/race.

just seems like there are more ways around it.

and no..i have no intention of setting this up.

B

badapple

Jan 16, 2009
WEST SIDE
the big iron shoot out is unsanctioned also.... listen guys come there and race but its not like jackson hole.

Heres an idea Midwest_Cat pull your panties up and be a leader!!!
if u wanna race then help put it togerther just like Ozone does at the Big Iron shoot out....
get us guys going find some cool hockey jerseys post a threat for all the guys with big balls and horsepower and make it happen-----its better than bitching about it all right?:focus:

Ya Midwest cat...pull those red licorice edible panties up over your fupa

and get to racin! Oh btw...what u gonna race??

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
thats the thing..i wasnt really bitching.

it just seems odd that the club doesnt issue hold harmless agreements to the racers, where by the racer cant sue other racers, the club, or the forest service for their actions on the hill resulting from an accident of any kind. then, racers must have issued numbers (they'll get them when they sign the agreement) to run the track/race.

just seems like there are more ways around it.

and no..i have no intention of setting this up.

When is the last time you tried to get around a law suit?? Does not matter what you have signed in your possesion--you can still be sued.

Beleive me--they looked into it--anytime you want to start a Outlaw event like the Big Iron Shootout--be my guest---They ahve had some dozzey law suits from people just watching that got their sled hit from a run away.

If ya want --come up and say hi---if not---don't.:focus:

M
Sep 18, 2009
Puyallup, WA
When is the last time you tried to get around a law suit?? Does not matter what you have signed in your possesion--you can still be sued.

Beleive me--they looked into it--anytime you want to start a Outlaw event like the Big Iron Shootout--be my guest---They ahve had some dozzey law suits from people just watching that got their sled hit from a run away.

If ya want --come up and say hi---if not---don't.:focus:

Looks like you've got it all figured out...my b:doh:

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
It just gets on your nerves when it is something that you tried to make happen, but because of all the liberals--it is always the other guys fault I got hurt---you can not do such things.

I have been involved with trying or doing this sort of thing in 2 countries--and it is a real pain and takes ALOT of Coin.

So ya---I kinda do!!:face-icon-small-win

B

badapple

Jan 16, 2009
WEST SIDE
It just gets on your nerves when it is something that you tried to make happen, but because of all the liberals--it is always the other guys fault I got hurt---you can not do such things.

I have been involved with trying or doing this sort of thing in 2 countries--and it is a real pain and takes ALOT of Coin.

Liberals! How'd you know Midwest cat was a liberal??

Was it the blatant disregard for common sense...or his love of edible undergarments...?

M
Sep 18, 2009
Puyallup, WA

I understand your frustration but still no reason to jump in my *** over it. But I forgive you

Premium Features