• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

having a problem getting my d7 started after installing bd turbo

R

rmk700rules

Oct 17, 2009
i am having a problem getting my d7 started after installing turbo, i got fire and spark but the thing got a little harder to pull over, it actually fired for about 2 to 3 seconds then died, and then it got harder to pull, any suggestons on where to look to fix it?

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
When you pull your plugs, does the engine pull over smooth?, Also you can turn it over on your primary, just to eliminate your recoil causing the issue.

R

rmk700rules

Oct 17, 2009
it does pull over smoothly when the plugs are out, not sure how to pull over on primary, it feels like pulling over on a 800

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
I posted this on another thread where you asked the question, but I'll do it agian...

This is funny, but my friends 07' d7 sled did the exact same thing. Started for about 3 seconds and that was it. It was knockin really bad and didn't feel right at all - hard to turn engine over - took plugs out and turned over nicely.

It turns out that my dough head friend had the spark plugs wires reversed when he put everything back together. We got it switched around and it ran like a champ. My friend will NEVER hear the end of it. So, maybe check the spark plug wires, just to eliminate that issue... :D

R

rmk700rules

Oct 17, 2009
i will fosure try this tomorrow and let you know, i hope thats all the simple it is, if that dont work im so tearing the whole thing back down and trying again

skyman

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2008
You might want to check the (boondockers) plug by the ECU and make sure that nun of the wires are pushed out of the back of the plug.
That happened with mine it would start and then just flood out.

jethro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 7, 2008
Emmett Id.
maybe

Check that you have ground wire from BD box on the same post as the stock ground or it will do the start and die ...not sure about you're other issue but i would have to agree with everyone else ....check wires Good Luck

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
did you figure it out? i had to put in new pistons and put in low comp head and now mine did the same thing started for a few seconds then died and got harder to pull over and sounds wierd when you pull it over

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
tree_climber check and make sure you didnt get any coolant in your case when you changed your head... check your plugs to see if there is any hint of antifreeze on them... if so you will have to lay your sled on its side and pull it over and over and over again to get all the antifreeze out, then put in fresh hot plugs(heat up with a torch or lighter) and see if that helps... had it happen to me once before.

ridgeclimber

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Maple Ridge B.C.
hard starting

There was an old post on here about hard starting that I found very helpful. Do a search under fuel pump priming. First depress the kill switch, turn the key off, pull the cord five or six times. That charges up the capacitor in the system. Turn the key on and try it. If it doesn't start maybe you have to put 12v power to the fuel pump power plug at the left front side of the engine compartment. That will purge out any air in the fuel rail and will leave enough residual pressure in the system to fire the injectors. Hope fully that works for you.

R

rmk700rules

Oct 17, 2009
in the front of the sled just infront of the shock towers on the left side of motor there is a few plugs that come outta the wiring harness, one of them if you put power to it then it turns the pump on, not near my sled right now or i would go and tell ya which ones it is. but its just a power and a ground,

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
its a three wire plug with a red/white and a brown wire... you can also prime your pump by having the key on, kill switch off, pin it and pull it over... usually takes 3-4 pulls and she should be good to go

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
i found the plug and put power to it. its pumping but nothing when i try to start it. with a new set of plugs i get a few seconds out of it thats it

R

rmk700rules

Oct 17, 2009
ok got a new motor and new plugs, started for about 10 seconds at a very low idle, however i couldnt idle it up cause i dont have no oil at the turbo yet to prime that line, im totally outta ideas, anyone have anything they have heard of at all?

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
welcome in club

i changed the TB support and after that the sled is dead. D808 with BD PG kit
no power, no fuel, nothing.

i changed igni coils, plugs, and found out engine starting (pulling) is much harder then before.

it looks like searching problem means stripping the sled :-(

Premium Features