• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

0627-111 belt on a 2016 with std clutches

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Has any one tried this yet? Could I run my deflection all the way out eliminating the chatter?

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Has any one tried this yet? Could I run my deflection all the way out eliminating the chatter?

I am sure it would work fine except at an idle. When idling the belt would be to tight and have a premature failure. That's why the new clutch has a bearing on the primary shaft. You may be able to adjust deflection and use the new belt, giving you a bit of a gear down but the chatter would still be there. If the 111 is wider and i believe it is you would need to shim your primary also. Seems like a lot of work to create a bastard.

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
84 or the 111 Belts in Canada are $200+. And the whole kit to change over to 18 $800, and I suppose once I purchase my spare belt I'll be 1k in to a clutch change. Not sure why I have no problem buying parts for mods- dread/hate paying 200 for a belt.

So you have room to play

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I am sure it would work fine except at an idle. When idling the belt would be to tight and have a premature failure. That's why the new clutch has a bearing on the primary shaft. You may be able to adjust deflection and use the new belt, giving you a bit of a gear down but the chatter would still be there. If the 111 is wider and i believe it is you would need to shim your primary also. Seems like a lot of work to create a bastard.

The new belt is .020 wider I believe and an 1 inch longer.

Premium Features