• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Replace headlight with aftermarked LED pods/bar

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
I want to try something different, and I have been looking to get the headlight delete kit for my sled. Vented one. And behind it i want to place some LED pod lights or LED bar.
Has anyone tried to do this? Not ad extra lights, but take out stock headlight and place something else?

Last edited:

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
There is an LED bar that mounts to riser block, can't recall brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
I can make the bar mount any day cause if have a friend that works with sheet metal :)
How to mount is no problem for me, but what I do want to know, are if I need some extra to make the lights work out?
Since the LEDs use way less power to run :)

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
They take less to power, but offer equal or better light out of a much smaller unit. I'm replacing my stock Pro light with 1 Vision X 2" LED light. Way more than enough light to get off the hill and about 5 lbs lighter.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Don`t think I will be waiting for that long to see what comes out on the marked.
I live in Norway, and have to wait 2-3 weeks for the gods I order from the states.
Takes for ever in the customs and the Norwegian postal service is horrible. So if I want stuff from USA, I have to order soon for it to be here before the snow :face-icon-small-dis

But what I want to know about this, do I have to modify my wires to make the light work? And do I need something extra except of the light and wires and maybe a switch to turn it on and of? The sled runs quite amount of electricity to the stock headlights and that kind of voltage have to go somewhere.

Don`t know if I made it clear of my plans with the sled.
I want to remove stock headlight and place the headlight delete from Fire N Ice or some other kind, and place the light pods or light bar behind it.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
All LEDs are not equall, optics and making sure whatever lights you purchase use the best emitters makes a huge difference.
Cyclops uses only top shelf emitters.LED emitters are graded somewhat like gemstones, a high BIN grade will make a large difference in how much light any perticullar emmiter puts out. If you see cheap LED lights there is a reason.

LEDs require DC power. We set ours up to run with or without a battery. We offer just the light and a generic harness, or a mount, Handle bar switch and lghts.
Also Dont forget, We always give SW discounts.
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=products&id=179

2012sdxp2drop.jpg

610personvsstock.jpg

Last edited:
C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Awesome! :D I will make contact when I am going to do this mod.
Have been looking at the Fire N Ice headlight delete kit with the light already in it, but i`m not sure how the light are compared to stock light.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
All LEDs are not equall, optics and making sure whatever lights you purchase use the best emitters makes a huge difference.
Cyclops uses only top shelf emitters.LED emitters are graded somewhat like gemstones, a high BIN grade will make a large difference in how much light any perticullar emmiter puts out. If you see cheap LED lights there is a reason.

LEDs require DC power. We set ours up to run with or without a battery. We offer just the light and a generic harness, or a mount, Handle bar switch and lghts.
Also Dont forget, We always give SW discounts.
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=products&id=179

2012sdxp2drop.jpg

610personvsstock.jpg
I,m looking into a very small light for emergency get off the mountain type only. Looking at centering in between the risers with a billet mount. The one shown wont hold up to the multiple rolling we do on mountain. Tuck into the riser just below the bars and its not taking the impact.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I,m looking into a very small light for emergency get off the mountain type only. Looking at centering in between the risers with a billet mount. The one shown wont hold up to the multiple rolling we do on mountain. Tuck into the riser just below the bars and its not taking the impact.

I think you would have to loose the bars to hurt the penetrator. We do however have several smaller lights that still have the lifetime warranty,and are extremely bright. Not everyone needs to be lit up like a locomotive right?

CIL-SP100_main.jpg

2d_front.jpg

NXGLED-Photos-005-1.jpg

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
wonderful lights...but....but...

friggen pricey...and i don;t consider myself a cheapskate...but i have friggen feelings

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
wonderful lights...but....but...

friggen pricey...and i don;t consider myself a cheapskate...but i have friggen feelings

I hear ya and wish they where less expensive. Quality cost$$ The square light above retails at 119, it will not fail and has a lifetime warranty, also brighter than a 100 watt halogen?
Headlight upgrades are not for everyone.
To put it in perspective most all our products are lifetime warrantied, If you are an active night rider what else can give you such a large bump in performance?
If you are stuck at night, how much are good lights worth?
how much did you spend on Sled mods that have no real value? Can you really tell the difference with that new can or pipe?
This is a mod you can see and feel every time you use them.

On the other hand we do have the least expensive Quality battery powered helmet lights available, and all our LEDs are more price competitive than other US based providers. We also always give SW discounts.
Simply put, you get what you pay for.
We certainly aren't getting rich here

Last edited:
C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
That is SO TRUE!!! I do a lot of night riding because of the dark season up here in Norway. It starts to darken outside already in early September and now its dark around 16:00 in the afternoon and until 05:00 in the morning.
And it`s getting worse before snow checks in.
Soon it`s dark around 14:00 and it`s only getting bright outside for a couple of hours. In late January it`s getting more and more light outside...

SO that`s why I want some better light than the stock headlight. And cyclops has the best option for me! :D

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
I hear ya and wish they where less expensive. Quality cost$$ Headlight upgrades are not for everyone.

To put it in perspective most all our products are lifetime warrantied, If you are an active night rider what else can give you such a large bump in performance?
If you are stuck at night, how much are good lights worth?

This is a mod you can see and feel every time you use them.

On the other hand we do have the least expensive Quality battery powered helmet lights available, and all our LEDs are more price competitive than other US based providers. We also always give SW discounts.
Simply put, you get what you pay for.
We certainly aren't getting rich here

I can vouch for the quality of Darryl's light systems. I have had the battery powered LED helmet light for over a year now and use it every day in winter, either on my trail bike (I commute off road to work) or on the sled.
I have whacked tons of branches with the light on the helmet.
Have dumped the bike into sage/grease wood countless times. '
Have ridden in downpours.
Sub freezing temps.
The thing has rolled around in the bottom of my pack for over a month and come out and gotten me the three hours home in the dark and was still just as bright at the house as it was out in the sticks.

TOP QUALITY. To me it's a no brainer. Do you really wanna spend the night out in the snow trying to fix your cheap light?

One other plug for the battery powered helmet light (which can be powered by the vehicle) is when your buddy is stuck/broken down, or you just missed that sigh/turn, you can get off your sled and STILL HAVE THE LIGHT pointed just where your looking. Or use it to load up at the truck . . . or to put chains on/off or . . . . .

Ok, I'll shut up now.

(I even know a guy that roofed his shop using his . . . huh Mark!)

Bag

Last edited:
Premium Features