• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2004 M-7 153 mid-range flutter/burble Help!

D
Dec 22, 2008
Hi,

Posting for a friend- He has a stock 2004 M-7 153, running at sea level in Minnesota. He just purchased the sled and is having an issue in the mid-range. When taking off, the sled runs fine, but when you get into the mid-range it starts to flutter a bit and run crummy, but then it runs good at wide open throttle. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? We were thinking possible reed problem, however, not sure as we mainly deal with Polaris. Thinking some of you cat guys may have more insight/know-how.

Thanks, appreciate it.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Maybe the problem is theres no such thing as an 04 M7? Try changing the plugs for starters.

tatorsalad

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The m are way hot in the mid range unplug the ethenol plug it is the gray wire by the ecu that is just looped around it will up the fuel a bit also check the tail light for rubbed wires they can be a problem i wiould get so dielectic grease and put it in all the plugs Good luck

Mine does exactly last few years and I have checked power valves but they are clean! And measurements are right on so still does that.... I just gave up and keep riding ever since, still not knowing whats wrong with that... I suspected that it has to do with ECM mapping.....

D
Dec 22, 2008
Thanks Alot guys, he's going to clean the valves tonight and see what happens. I will give you an update once we get it figured out.

M

mulestar

Dec 2, 2007
Let us know if you could, my little bro's M7 was doing that same thing yesterday. I was trying to talk him into cleaning the p valves yesterday but he is too stubborn. Says its in his clutching...I know that it is not. Sounds like the same thing, he has never cleaned his.

Thanks!

F
Mar 19, 2010
North Dakota
mid range stutter

I also have 05 m7, when I bought it stock last year in MN as well had the stutter, went out west 6-9000' ran like a champ came back home and stutter was back, I added some mods this year and it just made it worse, I think its in the mapping but if a person remaped it would it screw you up for higher elevations, let me know what u find out

P
Nov 22, 2008
BC
I also have 05 m7, when I bought it stock last year in MN as well had the stutter, went out west 6-9000' ran like a champ came back home and stutter was back, I added some mods this year and it just made it worse, I think its in the mapping but if a person remaped it would it screw you up for higher elevations, let me know what u find out

have the same thing on my 05 M7...runs clean higher up but at home it stutters. gonna check and clean the powervalves like everyone here suggested...then maybe fuel pump and or reeds??

F
Mar 19, 2010
North Dakota
have the same thing on my 05 M7...runs clean higher up but at home it stutters. gonna check and clean the powervalves like everyone here suggested...then maybe fuel pump and or reeds??
I did clean my valves did'nt change anything for me, which I don't think it would since it runs clean at one elevation and not the other, I also put after market reeds in with some other mods and it seemed to magnify the issue at home anyway, hav'nt been to any higher elevation yet either.Keep me posted if you figue anything out though, good luck

M

mulestar

Dec 2, 2007
Ha, that's funny, that is why my bro won't let me touch it. Claims it runs perfect in the mountains and that is all he cares about. Very interesting indeed.

D
Dec 22, 2008
UPDATE

Alright, my friend cleaned his power valves last night and said that seemed to help. Said it cleaned up the mid range a bit, but its still a little fluttery at low r's, however, its not as bad as it was. He hasnt ran it in the moutains yet, we'll be headed to west yellowstone in February so it will be interesting to see if the altitude change helps like it helped for some of you. I'll let you know if we find anything else out.

Thanks everyone

Premium Features