• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What should my plugs look like?

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
So I am running an all stock 09 Nytro. I have most of the sled apart and once I got the gas tank off I decided to take a look at the plugs. I was quite surprised to see that they were very dark. There is a little bit of brown to them but they are really close to being black.

Is this normal. What have others seen when they have pulled the plugs on their motor? I will try to post up some pics tonight. Kind of has me wondering if something isn't right on this thing or if Yamaha just runs the thing on the safe side to make sure that everything is alright.

I was wondering also. I have read before about people changing to a different plug instead of the stock ones. Is it really worth it and what was the number of the plug. It seems like I remember it being CR10K but not sure. I also see that they have the Iridium X available for that plug. Anyone tried one of those? I have liked the Iridiums going into cars but not sure about sleds.

Last edited:

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
CR10EK if I remember right... Its been a while but I believe my plugs where milk chocolate colored...when I get home from class I'll pull one and take a pic. It will be different than yours cuz I already have the CR plugs and have been running the full exhaust with no fuel controller...won't hurt to have something to compare tho!

Premium Features