• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

write your best and worst mod!!! Help people from buying the wrong thing!!

C
Nov 15, 2009
Breckenridge, Co
I have an 06 M7

Best- 2 wheel kit
scott grips
2 cool air vents!!!

Worst-Arctic cat goggle warmer ( dont use it as often as i thought but pretty cool)

Come on help people out and write what you have done and liked and what you have hated!!!:beer;

B
Dec 16, 2009
i have an 07 m8
best- boss seat, all just about every vent made i have, i also like my two wheel kit

worst- ever since i put my d&d y-pipe, pipe, and can and boondocker fuel system my sled hasnt ever ran the same and i always have to mess with my boondocker if i could do it over i would have just put a can on my sled for the sound and rode it

K
Oct 26, 2009
proven mods

Black Diamond Extreme tunnel conversion kit and air intake kit for the 2008 M8. If done correctly the tunnel looks great! Air intake kit gets rid of uneeded weight. Boondocker fuel box for my M8 works awsome as well. Powermadd universal 3 inch handlebar riser makes stand up rider much better.

Not certain that V-Force 3 reeds are worth 300+ dollars to gain a couple HP but I'm using them because a picked up a used pair for $125.

S

STORMY

Nov 26, 2007
MN
i like the idea for threads like this with the pros and cons, so good idea there but we need to use the search buttons a little as we have a few identical threads already:beer;

B
Nov 25, 2009
spokane
i have an 03 mc 800
best :heel clicker setup on my 9 post primary with a skidoo tra billet cover and spring
worst: 16 in wide 151x2x16 challenger extreme from tracks usa it was the worst track i have ever ran (trenches too much)

Last edited:

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Best: 2 cool vents, BDX 2 wheel kit, powerclaw, slp pipe setup, oles 4 inch angled riser, no windshield, slp powder pros, frogzskins on the nose, goggle warmer.

Worst: Slidekicks scratchers, 2010 Boss seat

Last edited:
M

miller47

Sep 14, 2009
best: boss seat, powerclaw, venting

worst: guage cage (probably gonna catch h3ll for this but snow sits on the guage and freezes to it, then i still cant see my guage. jmho

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
Awesome thread.

I have to conquer on the Goggle Warmer, definitely cool, but not that useful. I will probably use it for my gloves. Probably make a great bread warmer for lunch.

S
Sep 30, 2009
:D 07 m1000 Last year Jaws Can, Cutler Clutch, BDX two wheel ran gooooood This year BDX Black Box, BDX fuel regulator, Rage Cage, D7D Y pipe. Runs Great no burble at all.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
It fits like absolute chit on crossfires which it is advertised to fit on. Its much worse than just the sides of the tank sticking out a hair like the 2010 cat seat or the old boss seat which was fine. There is more of the sides sticking out and a gap all the way around the front of the seat. With the plastic plate in front it wiggles a lot more also. On my first ride one of the zipper pulls broke off an H2O pouch and the ring that sticks off of the zipper mechanism that the zipper pulls hooks too broke off flush so the zipper has to be replaced. The bottom of the sides of the seat also create horrible snow build up along with all the creases, pockets, and zippers on the back pouch. I love the way the seat feels when riding, like the looks, the weight savings, storage, height, and firmness of the foam, but man it is chitty quality from what i have seen so far. THIS IS THE -----2010------ BOSS SEAT! OTHER YEARS ARE FINE.

Last edited:
M

MTnickmck

Mar 11, 2009
Missoula, MT
05 m7

BEST:
Restoration of suspension and put new bushings along with rebuilt shocks (rides like new). SIMMONS (speak for themselves). Van Amburg 1/2 boondock tunnel (pure style but functional too). 10 cat seat (nice ride height, grippy, and clean looking).

WORST:
Powermadd shock covers (collect mass snow/ice). Powermadd 2 inch riser (need more). Still pretty stock so that's all for now...

F

Flange

Oct 25, 2001
Calgary, Alberta
2004 King Cat:
Hands down the worst mod was the Paragon secondary clutch. I'd gladly repeat every other bad purchase I've ever made if it would wipe the Paragon from my memory. Lots of good ones to chose from like forward mount steering post, high rise Boss seat, and Snow Eliminators. Oh yeah...that Mad Max 999 kit was ok too!

2010 M8 Sno Pro:
Too soon to tell, but I think I'm going to like the AMP Gauge Cage I just installed. Didn't like the Gill Vents. They plugged up with snow. Going back to 2cool airvents.

Premium Features