• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

xp boging down? fixed it.

J
Put two slp flow ritesin the secondary airbox in line with the carbs. Sled ran great all day. over the hood snow. The main air intake was frozen up almost all day. Going to do more venting on clutches today.

joe

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
Put two slp flow ritesin the secondary airbox in line with the carbs. Sled ran great all day. over the hood snow. The main air intake was frozen up almost all day. Going to do more venting on clutches today.

joe

Did you happen to check what this did to the warrenty? Just curious if it's voided now.

Dec 1, 2007
Meridian, ID
XP air box mods, what is safe?

I have been looking closely at adding flowrites in the bottom air box as well but I am concerned about the MPEM not reading the extra air and possibly creating a "too lean" situation. The air monitor plug is in the damn restricted tube between the upper and lower air boxes. I would be safe to add flowrites to the upper box but I would like some advice from any of you who have taken plug readings where the lower air box has been modified.

What I did was take the fine screen cover off the intake and remove the aux. air intake valve and cut the spring down a couple spirals to make it not so stiff. now when the main air inlet freezes over this little valve can doo its job, they have a real stiff spring in there and the motor doesnt have enough suction to open it.

Dec 1, 2007
Meridian, ID
What I did was take the fine screen cover off the intake and remove the aux. air intake valve and cut the spring down a couple spirals to make it not so stiff. now when the main air inlet freezes over this little valve can doo its job, they have a real stiff spring in there and the motor doesnt have enough suction to open it.

That's a good idea. My concern is how that small hole can compensate for a fully plugged screen. Granted, I have not been on the sled yet but I don't see how it will keep the sled from bogging and then.....crap, stuck.

J
It did not void the warranty. I had my dealership help just to help with that situation. They are now doing this mod to every one that has this problem. I pulled the plugs and they seemed the right color. I only did this after the first 3 hours or so. You can hear the flowrites stucking air which makes me think that maybe jets could be an area of more hp. The only problem I for see is sucking hot air under the hood, but I am going to vent the crap out of the clutches and that area. The other idea I have is to remove the first air box and vent the intake right after the hood. Look at the side of your sled with the clutch door off. The first air box ends right next to a body panel
that has easy access to to be vented right out (top side. right next to the wind screen.) I know pics would help I will try and post them today.

I will take more plug readings this next week. I am going riding for a week. :)
SNODREW- I have been riding in south fork colorado. The snow has been over the hood snow for a few weeks. The first weekend the snow was over the handle bars. It was awesome.

joe

B

bailer

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
The main box at the carbs slides out past the secondary. There is a tab to press and twist at the junction of the two boxes and then another tab to press that holds the brake line. It slides off the plate attatched to the carbs, so no more dealing with carb boots. Once out, you may want to glue the rubber grommets at the bottom of the box in place before you lose them. When reinstalling, the box slides back into place, clip the two boxes together, and give the box a sharp rap to get the brake line clip back in place. Hope that makes sense, I'm tired!

Premium Features