• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Switching to a pro, question

J
Feb 12, 2011
Alaska
So I have a 2012 proclimb 153 800 with 623 right now and am trying to sell it and get a pro rmk. A guy on Craigslist approached me with a trade for a 2011 pro rmk 800 163 which has 2200 miles on it. However it just had a new top end put on by the dealer. My question is would it be a decent trade or should I hold out for cash and just buy a left over 2013? Are there any other points that will wear out at 2200 miles? Want a pro but still want to have a reliable sled. Any help would be appreciated.

R
Dec 2, 2001
Spokane WA
Hmmmm, not sure I would do a dollar for dollar trade on that one. The 11 is worth what, maybe $7 to $7.5k tops.
Carls Cycle has 13 Pro 155s new for 9999.0

BTW there's no such thing as a reliable sled :)

I might do it if the sled was perfect, and depends on what exactly they did with the top end and why

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
It's hard to compare apples to apples. I would sell the AC and buy the sled you want instead of forcing a trade you might not like.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
If your Cat is a good runner then no way I'd trade down for something with almost 4x as many miles.
I know what kind of hurtin my sleds have gone thru by the time they get that many miles on them and honestly wouldn't want to buy one!

Sell it outright and then start looking for a deal on a low mile Pro if thats what you want. Plenty of them for sale up here.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Good deal or not? Depends on if you can sell your sled in your market, privately. That can be hard to do some places depending on dealer, reputation, etc.

I have to add, don't believe everything you read either. When I was looking to switch brands-sled. I stopped and chatted with groups if I saw a Pro. I met with many riders. Some were original owners, some were second and even third owners of 2011`s and 12`s.
Never met one that had blowed up lol (but obviously it happens). One rider bought his 2011 sled with 1600 miles and had 4000 on it when we met. His first sled (dirt biker). I asked him if he was on his original belt. He looked at me and shrugged "I guess". It was only oil and gas for maintenance for him and dang if he wasn't hooked on sleddin'.

Premium Features