• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03 RMK 800 Riser

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I installed this about a month ago and it works fine:

http://www.powermadd.com/products/universal-pivot-riser-system.html
http://www.powermadd.com/products/pivotriserblocks.html [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]PM15554
http://www.powermadd.com/products/throttlecableextension.html
http://www.powermadd.com/products/extendedbrakelines.html

This gave me a total of 6"

IMG_06781_zpse1f1a7e0.jpg

[/FONT]

J

Joemt

Jan 7, 2008
Potomac Montana
I do not like the power madds personally.....My riser of choice is Ole's machines....Raises the bar straight upward and I felt the power madd moved the bars up and backward (towards rider)......I do not like backwards.
How high were you looking to go? I ask because I have a 3 inch and 4 inch I would consider selling. My son could use a higher one, He is 6' 4" and 3 inches and now the 4 is not enough for him. I want to order a taller one from Ole's for him.

Let me know

Last edited:

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I'm also looking into bar risers on my 03 edge with flat steering post and was wondering how high you can go without having to extend the cables?

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Thanks i'll have to try that. should be plenty for me I don't need 8". Do you run a pivot adapter or just have your risers straight on the post?

this1ultraflyz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Saskatoon, Saskquatchland
A pivot Riser would be a good idea, your stock one is 4 " looks like you may get two or three more out of Pivot riser. that would be 6 or 7 " total. This can be done by re-routing wiring and cables, without extension. Pivot rise you can also move bars forward more which really improves ballance on the Edge chassis. My bro had a 8" on his 2004 escape without any cable extensions. and it worked for years and still is. I put a Rox 6 to 9" adjustable riser on mine. won't do adjustable again as never found a need i had mine at 8" of rise. I did do throttle cable and brake line extensions.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I disagree, I did a 6" on mine an there is no way it would work without extending the wires. Only about 4 wires need to be extended. I also did ext. brake line a throttle cable.

this1ultraflyz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Saskatoon, Saskquatchland
My Edge a 02 came with flat top steering post. My bros a 2004 Edge Escape comes with T-top post. And i believe his was more than 2" shorter post to start with. So Actuall riser selection could be diff depending on year. I cut like 2.75" off my post and install the adjustable Rox riser. as it moved my bars forward like 1.5" because of angle of sterring post which was hugh for balance and feel on sled. I am 6' 1" on bare feet so with boots on needed them high. Mine feels good the way set up, to do it again i would get Wildchild to build me a new steering post with T- top and a bit of forward bend at top to gain another 1/2 to 1". then a set of Fabcraft bars with most of rise in them. My advice is get them bars high you will like it for sure.

J

Joemt

Jan 7, 2008
Potomac Montana
This should be mentioned also: Your stock steering post is going to bend at some time........doesn't matter if you think it will or not. It is. By adding the height it is more torq than stock likes over time. I was always very careful..one day in snow that was not wet. I turned the handle bars and the skis did not follow. I replaced the steering post (wildchilds).....just know you will at some point. and I have only had the 3 & 4" risors on my RMK. I do need a taller one for my son like I said. With 3" I did not replace the brake and throttle cables...with the 4 I did. DO it for safety reasons alone. I had a friend skip replacing and almost ruined his sled (and him) when the throttle cable got pinched where it did not belong because it was short.

Last edited:
B
Nov 29, 2010
I used the RSI bars, I extende my throttle cable and I had to add onto the wires I believe.... Where I saved a few bucks was the break line. Did you know a grease gun hose has the same exact threads as your break line. I do now, between the grease gun hose and fitting it ran me all of $10 from the John Deere dealer in town, or any parts store. It has a great psi rating also.

J

Joemt

Jan 7, 2008
Potomac Montana
Thought of one more thing that did not work for me. I installed the powermadd extension for the throttle and it stuck just like others warned it would.....and I tried like hell to make it work just to see if I could......but it's dangerous. I threw it away I refused to let anyone use it and I bought it brand new.

I replaced the brake and the throttle cable like I stated. Safe, sound and no breakdowns (smile)...perfect if you ask me..but I like that grease gun hose idea. I only paid 15.00 for the extended throttle cable from gravityworxracing.

I checked for their website..but doesn't seem to be the same site. Anyone know anything about that? They out of the snowmobile biz?

In life, if it is worth doing...it's worth doing right......never wreck a sled or your self over a few bucks.

Last edited:
Premium Features