• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat M1100 Turbo

K

Kibbels

Dec 8, 2007
Red Deer, AB
Pretty hard to beat a deal like that....add the d&D programmer 280 hp 565lbs(dry from what im reading) and ride.....dont have to spend thousands getting the chassis to where it needs to be....dont get me wrong I love yamaha, but you do have to spend a few bucks..... cat has a good chassis, suspension works very well.....what would you really need to change...maybe Mountain Mod Seat.....powder coat and graphix to make it your own and ride.......They just upped the bar by quite a bit with this new sled imo... might have to go green next year....im not a band wagon jumper.....but would be alot less cash forsure....

sWall_1.jpg

I second that I'm thinking the wife needs a Proclimb M1100T 162" - I'm certian I will be snow checking one.... I'm a Yamaha guy forsure for many years but if they don't release anything this weekend in Yellowstone as many have been saying it sure makes tough not to go for a factory ride with adding just a controller....IMO

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
Im not scared. I will put that 4 stroke AC next to my NYTRO'S. Maybe it's just me, i also drive cummins and powerstroke. There all good just depends what color you want.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Im not scared. I will put that 4 stroke AC next to my NYTRO'S. Maybe it's just me, i also drive cummins and powerstroke. There all good just depends what color you want.

X2. I have an M7 sitting beside my Nytro. Every manufacturer has its strong and weak points. After all, it's all about the sport.

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
all comes down to what you can afford...my point was wouldn't cost much to have a awesome running 4 stroke turbo...capable of 280hp for under 16-17g

12899.00 nytro no turbo, no reverse
14199 m 1100 turbo with reverse

mmmmmm what gives....how can cat offer a turboed 4 stroke for 1300 more.....

Last edited:
H

hurricane2

Nov 27, 2007
all comes down to what you can afford...my point was wouldn't cost much to have a awesome running 4 stroke turbo...capable of 280hp for under 16-17g

12899.00 nytro no turbo, no reverse
14199 m 1100 turbo with reverse

mmmmmm what gives....how can cat offer a turboed 4 stroke for 1300 more.....

Exchange rate. Our Dollar does not buy much from other countries (Japan) right now and Cat is domestic. You can thank our wonderful leaders in DC for trashing the Dollar. And I dont think you can get a Nytro without reverse, can you?

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
Exchange rate. Our Dollar does not buy much from other countries (Japan) right now and Cat is domestic. You can thank our wonderful leaders in DC for trashing the Dollar. And I dont think you can get a Nytro without reverse, can you?

yeah my bad i see they have reverse..

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
A cat man here. Yes, I'm listening..........

It's a strange thing. When Cat only offered a two stroke mt. sled. A lot of us Cat guys put down the fours. I'm sorry for that. Especialy now that many of us are ordering Cat's new 1,100 Turbo for the mountains. I guess some of us did want a longer lasting, quieter sled. Not without boost though, and maybe not a project. And for sure not without a warranty.
I'm joining you boys with fourstrokes. Please say hi when you meet me in the mountains.

Owen

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
High Time:

I was expecting to come in here and hear alot of trash talk about the new Cat Line up.........

Wow, the Yamaha guys are actually saying positive things about the T1100. I really think the Polaris guys are where I was just a few years ago. I now get it, and am ordering the t1100 to join my Yamaha 4-stroke brethren.

It wont be long and the Polaris guys will be changing their tune when Polaris comes with a mountain 4 stroke turbo.......Suddenly it won't be too heavy afterall. Maybe it will handle pretty darned good too.

My hats off to the Yamaha boys for blazing the trail, and setting the bar high for other manufacturers to shoot for.......

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
High Time:

I was expecting to come in here and hear alot of trash talk about the new Cat Line up.........

Wow, the Yamaha guys are actually saying positive things about the T1100. I really think the Polaris guys are where I was just a few years ago. I now get it, and am ordering the t1100 to join my Yamaha 4-stroke brethren.

It wont be long and the Polaris guys will be changing their tune when Polaris comes with a mountain 4 stroke turbo.......Suddenly it won't be too heavy afterall. Maybe it will handle pretty darned good too.

My hats off to the Yamaha boys for blazing the trail, and setting the bar high for other manufacturers to shoot for.......

I was going to say the same thing. After spending the last 2 years on the phone 8 hours a day with yamaha guys and after being one for a few years(but have riden cat most of my life) I was not surprised that the blue boys where offering positive responses and educated, calculated opinions on this new beast. The potential of the little twin is well documented.It takes more boost to makes similar power than the yamaha but the motors have been holding up to larger boost numbers for those who want to "turn it up". Anyway my complements on keeping it real. I will let you know how the new ones work...have a m1100t ltd. on the way as well as a m8 snopro orange coming. And yes it will be boosted too :)

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
nice to see ac having a awesome contender in the 4 stroke mountain lineup.....I think its going to be a awesome handling sled....and once you ac guys ride reliable and big HP of the 4 stroke turbo....i think there will be more coming over to the 4 stroke world....its alot of fun.....owned my apex for 6 seasons know boosted 14-17psi and never had the motor open...

Last edited:

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Can the drive train and chassis hold up to the power, thats one of my biggest questions? Yamaha definitely holds the title of reliability. When doo came out with the 1200 nothing has really developed from that? Time will tell.

Looking forward to next year.

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Why does everybody think there is going to be warranty after you add the powder adder box? People dont think that cat doesnt know what the aftermarket world has out there. There is going to be some failures, its the law of averages. Then people pushing the hp/torque higher than the 285hp level. Warranty will be denied, just like when you hot rod up your diesel 1/2ton. Its good see that cat is finally coming the game, hopefully it makes yamaha wake up & keep ahead. Kinda like the phazer from long ago, had the market, but let it fade away.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
TMK:

Where do you want your check mailed? :face-icon-small-win

Let's just plan on swapping 4-stroke snowmobile stories over a beer if we ever are riding in the same area!

Welcome to the 4 stroke club - don't forget to turn your key off on your new sled :)

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
My very first sled was cat so was my third and fouth, but I have ridden Yami since 97 with the last being a totally built Nytro. I had the same agnst as everyone else that It cost zillions to make them really fly. I am seriously looking to go back to cat, and one reason is the money. I was not even going to look at the T-1100 until I read ambers report on how easy it handles in the tighter stuff. I guess one would have to weigh the cost of an 800 turbo and this four-stroke(love just turning the key). I don't unserstand this thing about the steering vertical or whatever tho:face-icon-small-con I think all the other snowesters should read this thread and see how nice it is not to hear bash bash bash:face-icon-small-coo

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
My very first sled was cat so was my third and fouth, but I have ridden Yami since 97 with the last being a totally built Nytro. I had the same agnst as everyone else that It cost zillions to make them really fly. I am seriously looking to go back to cat, and one reason is the money. I was not even going to look at the T-1100 until I read ambers report on how easy it handles in the tighter stuff. I guess one would have to weigh the cost of an 800 turbo and this four-stroke(love just turning the key). I don't unserstand this thing about the steering vertical or whatever tho:face-icon-small-con I think all the other snowesters should read this thread and see how nice it is not to hear bash bash bash:face-icon-small-coo

ditto this MCX....

the steering thing though is kind of like what Oft did with their steering relocator makig it closer to vertical, so that will be nice...it was not bad at all standing on it while in West...if vertical it will be a nice add-on though...

Premium Features