• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 700 powder special

D
Mar 10, 2008
Lynnhood Wa
Ok so im Picking up a 2000 700 twin tomorrow with 1300 miles and reverse with a 144 track anyone have any problems with the 700? I have a 99 600 that my Idiot nephew caught fire but i have some parts that will switch over anything i should watch out for on this sled??

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I just sold one of my spare sleds last spring which was a 99'700. I bought it in a basket and rebuilt it. It never gave any problems and had good torque when compaired to the 600. They were hard on clutches due to their viberation at an idle. I set my idle up around 1700 and it smoothed the engine out and also made it more responsive coming off an idle. Keep the drive axel and driven axel greased. The motor mount by the secondary clutch was prone to breaking, so keep an eye on that. I had a fabcraft tunnel and changed the skid mounts a little and it really made a difference getting up on the snow.

Engine Pro 5x

Premium Member
Sep 20, 2009
KANSAS
Put a newer recoil on it. The originals are week and have some plastic parts that will fail. Mine came apart and the steel parts got sucked in behind the flywheel and when we stopped the engine the parts behind the flywheel lodged in the stator and locked up the engine. Now this all happened 60 miles down the trail on the way to Gould >>>>.

Premium Features