• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 340 edge bogging

E
Jan 14, 2013
my 340 edge bogs out three or four times each winter. there are several other sleds,same year, same model that do the same thing. the polaris dealer says they don't know what is wrong. Can anybody help?

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
You will have to give more info on what exactly is happening, ambient temp, snow conditions, elevation, etc. is it bogging at wot, part throttle, etc.

E
Jan 14, 2013
temp does'nt seem to matter,snow condition don't matter,every year they do the same thing ,even when it was new. when you are traveling at slow speed,10 mph or stopped and give it throttle it dies out. it only does this 3 or 4 times each season. there are four other sleds ,all are doing the same and the dealer says it is something to do with that year of 340's and can't be fixed.

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
There were some years where Polaris mounted the fuel pumps way up high on the oil tank. This made the impulse line very long and at steady low throtal positions there was not enough pulse to pump enough fuel. It was mostly at higher elevations but if you held it at very low throtal in the same place for long durations even at sea level it would eventualy run out of fuel. The fix was to mount the pump back down low in the bulkhead where they were previously mounted. I saw this happen on a 600 with a new rider on a rental that was not varying the throtal at all at 6000' elv. When I jumped on it and rode it it worked fine. He would get back on and it would run out of fuel again. It all made sense later when i heard about moving the fuel pump. If you vary the throtle position and ride it like ya stole it it was fine. I also had a 2003 440 fan that had the pump mounted high and it would not start after setting all summer without priming the carbs with raw gas, started fine after that but just could not pull enough vaccum to prime the fuel pump after setting all summer. Not sure if this is what is wrong with yours but it may be worth a look.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
my 340 edge bogs out three or four times each winter. there are several other sleds,same year, same model that do the same thing. the polaris dealer says they don't know what is wrong. Can anybody help?

As a GENERAL rule, if it's bogging, it's LEAN.

Try this for a quick diagnosis.

RAISE the needles all the way (LOWER the E-CLIPS) which will RICHEN it up.

Test drive it and see if that changed things and report back

Premium Features