• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Video Contest

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
What do you guys think about starting an annual "Best Rider Video Contest"? Amateur riders and videographers would submit their videos here, we vote for the best riding videos using the thumbs up icon.

Maybe the vendors would be willing to donate some swag to entice people to enter?

Only new videos from this riding season would be accepted, and maybe close entries at the end of March?

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Maybe people would be willing to donate to the prize pool? I would pledge $25. Not sure how we would bring the money together though so that everyone felt secure doing it? Ideas?

S

sledaddiction

Jul 23, 2012
Wyo
If this ends up happening, I would be willing to hook the winner up with some Sled Addiction hats and T shirts. If there were a vid of the year contest, we could include the winner's vid on our DVD next year. Something similar to what Boondockers did this year at Sledfilm. Any thoughts?

F
Aug 17, 2009
This would be great! I would be happy to pay any fee to enter, lets do it! Just got my 2014 RS 600 (thanks Mototech and Ski Doo) after being out of the game for about 5 years and ready to throw it down.

jmom

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2009
Great idea. I am willing to donate to the cause. I would throw in a partial trip out west with MomsMotorSports.com (5 days lodging and meals in Island Park) and some DVD's/swag. Let me know if this comes to fruition. Please email or PM me details. momsmotorsports@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Jacob

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
There are just a few logistical problems to work out.

Trying to aggregate the prizes to one location means someone has to accept responsibility for delivering the prizes. I don't want to be that guy as I am the one who started the string and I don't want people to think I did it to "get" something.

What I propose is I start another string saying the contest is official and that all donations are welcome, members and vendors could publicly declare what they are donating, when the winner is chosen everyone could just send the winner the swag. That way no one is responsible for the prizes, and it assures everyone that no one is profiting from the contest except the winner.

We will also have to do a little cross promotion to the brand forums as they get 10X the traffic that the general forum does. Only 186 views here on the general forum in 3 days.

As for the monthly winner, I just don't have any idea how much participation we will get? So, maybe for the first year we just make it for the entire riding season.

Premium Features