• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's put some miles on their 14?

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
Let one of my Polaris buddies take her for a spin and he claimed he's buying one next year (he currently rides a 12 Pro).

Tell Josh he wouldn't have to put 2 sets of rails on a year if he bought a Cat either.:face-icon-small-win

C

crankbraker

Aug 6, 2008
Wy
I put at least 50 miles on mine in the garage yesterday. Then about another 10-15 in the trailer last night.

Can't wait to really ride it this week.

You can't bend the rails in the garage tell the littles hi

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Got about 35 miles on my 14' 153 last friday. It was more sluggish than i remember breaking in a new sled last year. Sure started to wake up around 25 miles and it'll get even better the next ride out. Just wish there was more snow.

1rarel78

Feb 29, 2008
Spokane WA
Got some off rode miles on my 153 sunday,although we were going slow due to the low snowoack. The sled feels lighter on the snow than my quite light M8 162. Gets on it's side effortlessly . Motor feels super strong. Lookin forward to really getting down in some deep. Did notice some ski lift that I'm not used to. My powder pros will go on next week,definatly a welcome change,dive-o-rama going down hill.

C

Cryme_Ariver

Mar 5, 2013
Steamboat Springs CO
Oh Boy . . . .

Let's just say that my "break in ride" ended up turning into a day that is no different then if was riding the second week in Jan. The snow was that good and the group of riders we meet up with didn't feel like letting down at all. Rode my 2014 M8 and it was sluggish the first 5 miles going up the trail, once we got off though she performed better then I could've asked! here is a short video of some ravine hopping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYhNqjn3mw8&feature=youtu.be

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Let's just say that my "break in ride" ended up turning into a day that is no different then if was riding the second week in Jan. The snow was that good and the group of riders we meet up with didn't feel like letting down at all. Rode my 2014 M8 and it was sluggish the first 5 miles going up the trail, once we got off though she performed better then I could've asked! here is a short video of some ravine hopping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYhNqjn3mw8&feature=youtu.be

What did you do to your sled is that a yamablue wrap on it? Is that a poo that your heading to unstuck? Nice vid.

1rarel78

Feb 29, 2008
Spokane WA
Forgot to mention the ride. Nothing short of spectacular! State line RD ID, Montana was nasty last weekend. This thing rides smoother than mt Timbersled skid. Hope my riding prtnr with his new pro's back is alright.:face-icon-small-hap

S

sketch96

Dec 23, 2011
Another thing we have noticed is the new seat on the non ES models is somewhat of a love/hate thing. I like the way it looks, the light weight and the comfort. It is just about right for me for any sit down riding but tall guys may wish it was longer. We have changed out several non ES models to the ES or last years style seat. You need to change the tank as well if you want to do that.
I hate the new seat too. I am 6'1 and find it too short.

I had no idea that the ES models had the longer seat and would have ordered that just to get the seat.

My question is are guys paying to swap out the seat and tank. Or is cat doing this on their dime on new sleds

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
I hate the new seat too. I am 6'1 and find it too short.

I had no idea that the ES models had the longer seat and would have ordered that just to get the seat.

My question is are guys paying to swap out the seat and tank. Or is cat doing this on their dime on new sleds

Trade someone your tank and seat to someone with a 12 or 13 who wants the short seat

1rarel78

Feb 29, 2008
Spokane WA
Think that would be a mistake,give it some time and get used to it. I'm 6 2,had no prob so far,except just about fell off the back starting in while sitting down. Funny people were bitching about the 12 and 13 seat being to tall. Is that not the same seat that is on the ES?

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Forgot to mention the ride. Nothing short of spectacular! State line RD ID, Montana was nasty last weekend. This thing rides smoother than mt Timbersled skid. Hope my riding prtnr with his new pro's back is alright.:face-icon-small-hap

The ride quality of the Proclimb is a big deal. The previous chassis was an awesome sled, but the worst of the 3 two stroke mountain sleds on rough trails. Now it's the best. We ride mostly steep and deep, but still spend significant time going in and out of the mountains. Sometimes the trail is smooth and sometimes it isn't. I am glad I am on a Proclimb when it's rough.

Woody

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Good stuff!

Woody, I see you like the Proclimb when riding to and from the riding area.

My question is, do you miss the M series chassis once you get to the steep and deep?

"I am glad I am on a Proclimb when it's rough".

Woody

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Good stuff!

My question is, do you miss the M series chassis once you get to the steep and deep?

Woody

I might think I miss the M about 2% of the year............but then I jump on a friends M and nope.......dont miss that at all:typing:

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Good stuff!

Woody

The M was and is a great machine. In the pre-owned market the 09-11 are some of the best you can buy. But to answer your question, NEVER would I want the M over the Proclimb. Most of the things I did not like on the PC have been addressed. And after building and servicing them for several years, the ease of working on them and over all design has become much more appealing.

Woody

Last edited:

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Dam Dave and Woody, thanks.

I have my M8 finally dialed in and you guys want me to get rid of it! It works so well with a 2.6" Powerclaw and the SLP stage III kit that I wet myself every time I ride. :face-icon-small-ton

Watching the movie "Schooled" shows just how agile of a platform the M series can be. I am still waiting for the movie featuring the Arctic Cat Proclimb. :popcorn:

Seriously. I plan to ride a Snowbike, a XM, a Pro and a Proclimb this winter to help me decide my next machine. However, I will keep the M8 as the benchmark to measure the progress of the new sleds.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Very good read guys.. I have yet to have mine on the snow, but Im looking forward to getting on it. My last sled was a 13 Polaris, this will be my first Cat ever. I have rode them some over the last couple seasons, so it should make for a good comparison. Hope to get on the snow next weekend!

Premium Features