• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP turbo build part 2

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
ya my regulator says to use 5/16 or bigger line and I think those fittings are only 1/4 I believe,

That boost controller is different than any I have ever seen but I am new to this stuff, who makes that thing?

also how much spring pressure does your bov have?

I put the 5/16" line on mine, worked fine. The boost controller is just an in cabin version it's the same principle as the turbo smart in cabin boost controller, basically just has the ball and spring in the T as opposed to in the dial, which is still a bit confusing to get my head around because it has a direct vent to the atmosphere but it's suppose to work. As far as my BOV spring, I am not sure what the spring pressure is, I am going to bring about 5 springs when I go up for my first tuning ride and see which works the best.

Jeff

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
from what I heard your prob going to need as light as possible, even heard of a guy using a spring out of a thermostat, i ordered turbo smart spring kit so hopefully that is light enough maybe cut one down w/e. just gotta get all my fab done up

Last edited:
H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Well the Turbo is now pretty much finished for the install portion, I still have to install the gauges, boost T and do the clean up of the wires and hoses etc... But I have now moved on to some of the fabrication work for the tunnel and running boards.

I got the bumper removed, the running board extrusion removed, the rear taillight removed, so now I can cut the factory boards off and get the boards designed along with the rear tunnel section.

Also to my surprise today, the owner of Powder freaks showed up and delivered my 8" billet wheels. These things are sweet!!! If your looking for some of the very best machined parts on the market you have to check out www.powderfreaks.ca, Duane is a great guy to deal with and makes very nice stuff.

I will try and post some photo's for some reason it hasn't been letting me post all day!

Jeff

Last edited:
H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Ok so pictures are working again. I got the boards cut off yesterday so she's looking pretty bare. Check out how sweet the powder freak wheels are, can't wait to be able to install this stuff.

Thanks

Jeff

DSCF5750.JPG DSCF5751.JPG DSCF5753.JPG DSCF5754.JPG DSCF5755.JPG DSCF5756.JPG DSCF5757.JPG

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
what are those 8"? going with four of em huh... nice job. cant wait to see how the boards turn out!

P
Nov 9, 2009
I stopped by Jeff's shop weds. to check out the build. It's looking great. Can't wait to see how it rips. If it works out good I'll be building one for myself. Those wheels I dropped off were the last four of that style I had on the shelf. That peticular design I do exclusively for CR Racing. Only difference is all of Chads wheels are wrapped in rubber. I have other designs with or without rubber plus a pile of other billet parts.

Duane
www.powderfreaks.ca

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
Yes sir 8" and 4 it is, I like the look of 4. I'm excited about the boards and the finished machine as well.

Thanks

Jeff

ya i bet! your getting close and its going to be a ripper!! mine...not so much. cant make any progress for awhile due to a torn tendon in my shoulder...now im just hoping i can ride this season! :face-icon-small-fro

P
Nov 9, 2009
hey Jeff, are you going to fab some kind of cold air intake. I put one on my m8. It drastically reduced my charge air temps. If your going to run it like that I strongly recomend you put a filter on that turbo. That 66 will be sucking pretty hard and if there is any belt dust floating around some of it will end up going thru the motor. I had a lower rod brg go on my m8 last season. when I tore it down the airbox was full of black gunk(belt dust) which is why the brg failed. Since the bottom end rebuild I've been running the cold air intake and my airbox is nice and clean inside.

Cheers,

Duane

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
hey Jeff, are you going to fab some kind of cold air intake. I put one on my m8. It drastically reduced my charge air temps. If your going to run it like that I strongly recomend you put a filter on that turbo. That 66 will be sucking pretty hard and if there is any belt dust floating around some of it will end up going thru the motor. I had a lower rod brg go on my m8 last season. when I tore it down the airbox was full of black gunk(belt dust) which is why the brg failed. Since the bottom end rebuild I've been running the cold air intake and my airbox is nice and clean inside.

Cheers,

Duane

Hey Duane

You bet I am going to be running a cold air intake.

Thanks for the heads up good to know that the intake is not just wasted time.

Jeff

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
i asked boondockers about a cold air intake , and they said that its well worth a cold air intake for your turbo, cooler charge temps and also you gain a few more hp, nicer thing too about cold air intake is your have more simular air temps where as under hood air, well it can get real hot or cool off riding down the trails

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Have made some progress on the new boards. They are coming along really well, they are now ready for final welding. Then on to the tunnel reinforcement and rear bumper. Then everything can get off to powder coat and we can move on to the plastics.

Thanks

Jeff

DSCF5772.JPG DSCF5774.JPG DSCF5775.JPG DSCF5779.JPG DSCF5798.JPG DSCF5796.JPG DSCF5797.JPG DSCF5800.JPG

M
Nov 13, 2008
TXP

Looking good. Are you stretching it out( is it a 154?)can't wait to see your rear bumper. I like this COBE ones but last I knew he wasn't doo-ing it I'n a 163" I'm stretching my 54 to a 63 and need to find a decent extension and bumper. I'd like a one off custom, if you have any thoughts let me know.

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Looking good. Are you stretching it out( is it a 154?)can't wait to see your rear bumper. I like this COBE ones but last I knew he wasn't doo-ing it I'n a 163" I'm stretching my 54 to a 63 and need to find a decent extension and bumper. I'd like a one off custom, if you have any thoughts let me know.

Thanks she is coming along. Im not stretching it out I really like the nimbleness of a 154, I found my cat 163 to be a bit more to throw around then I liked. I will post the pics of the bumper and tunnel mods, and you can see if you like it.

Thanks for looking!

Jeff

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Hey Guys

Got the running boards all welded up today, finish cutting the tunnel extension and drilling the proper holes in it, bent the rear bumper, went with a round tube bumper to tie in with the running boards, just have to cap the ends of it and then I can send it along with the boards off to powder coat. She's coming along now.

Thanks

Jeff

DSCF5834.JPG DSCF5839.JPG DSCF5840.JPG DSCF5842.JPG DSCF5843.JPG

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
dang! looks good!! did you drop the skid down with your new tunnel braces? looks like it...

M
Nov 13, 2008
Sweet

Love the boards. There's a handful of things left on XP's to make them atrue mountain sled, boards are one of them! If you did drop your rear point, did you lower the front also? How are you addressing the 154" rear skid to handle he turbo? I'm not sure which way I'll go on that yet.

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
dang! looks good!! did you drop the skid down with your new tunnel braces? looks like it...

Thanks!

I did not drop the skid down just left it at factory height. The reason I put the new tunnel sides on (besides for looks) was because I have shortened the boards up and took away some support from the upper skid mount, so by doubling up there with sheet aluminum and tie the new running boards in it will bring my strength back.

Jeff

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Love the boards. There's a handful of things left on XP's to make them atrue mountain sled, boards are one of them! If you did drop your rear point, did you lower the front also? How are you addressing the 154" rear skid to handle he turbo? I'm not sure which way I'll go on that yet.

Thanks! I did not drop the skid any, I wanted to leave it it factory in the rear, I have not done anything to the front either. I am going to ride it as is and see what changes I will make. I actually hope that it is a bit of a wheelie machine as I play in the tree's all day and to have it pull up and bounce like a jack rabbit makes it incredible through the tree's.

Thanks

Jeff

Premium Features