• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 XP primary question

SledGimp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Heber, UT
I just pulled my primary off and the rollers and ramps are in great shape but the orings behind the buttons are in pretty bad shape. The question is should I replace the buttons as well as the orings or jus tdo the orings.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
The buttons typically show wear on the sides....not on the wear surface. Doo leaves a nice sharp machined edge to dig into them. I break that edge just slightly with a deburring tool, not sure how much it may help but it can't hurt.
If they are worn on the sides I replace them, that's where the "rattle" comes from.

S
Aug 31, 2009
What rattle are you referring to; I have noticed a rattle around 6200 rpm but it goes away at around 6700. Could this be the problem. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

SledGimp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Heber, UT
What rattle are you referring to; I have noticed a rattle around 6200 rpm but it goes away at around 6700. Could this be the problem. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

This is the same issue I had, noticed my orings were mushed flat or a little torn. Will check the buttons for wear.

SledGimp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Heber, UT
The buttons typically show wear on the sides....not on the wear surface. Doo leaves a nice sharp machined edge to dig into them. I break that edge just slightly with a deburring tool, not sure how much it may help but it can't hurt.
If they are worn on the sides I replace them, that's where the "rattle" comes from.

The edge you are talking about, is it on the button or the clutch?

R
Aug 31, 2009
bc
primary rattle

i had the same problem,
had no idea what could be causing that noise, replaced o rings and it was good to go........who would have thought, o rings!

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Anyone using an o-ring from the hardware store or less expensive option with success. Ski-doo is looking for $2.49 per o-ring.

Premium Features