• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutch balancing

D
On my 13 Pro, my belt went bad every 400 ish miles. Do you think if I would have balanced my clutch it would have prolonged belt life?

Are the AXYS's known to be hard on belts?

Its hard to say that balancing would cause short belt life however a clutch that is not setup correctly with weights and spring will raise havoc with the belt life. Sometimes we just see bad belts but mostly its from not washing the belt before use and not doing the proper break in before running it really hard. It could be a combination of items.

D
I see on your website that you talk about a stainless bushing and washer set.

If a clutch is balanced, but the bushing and washer set is not installed; is having the clutch balanced to begin with a waste of money?

Will clutch eventually put itself back to the original, same unbalanced state?

My answer is no. Our bushing and washer do keep the bolt and washer in the center of the clutch. With the stock bushing and washer the bolt can move off center line say .005" to .010" which will affect the overall balance once installed. All the little items can add up to be an issue. The balance and service is always a good idea. The bolt is just another small part of the puzzle.

Premium Features