• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondockers turbo on pro?

Liv4snow

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Paterson Wa
I think he came up with some new ones today. This is for 7 lbs boost strait av gas give him a call tomorrow I ll bet he'll help you out more.

Last edited:
I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
You are going to continue to get det lights until someone on here smartens up and does some head work to there pro. 50-50, av gas, it detonates on 110 at 6 lbs so someone please pull your head off and do it right. Setting being changed in your box will not help.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Can anyone post the latest numbers? Taht way we don't all have to bug him. Curious about the deto thing. I have been told that I will have to mod the head and also told that it will be fine with the proper tune.

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
You are going to continue to get det lights until someone on here smartens up and does some head work to there pro. 50-50, av gas, it detonates on 110 at 6 lbs so someone please pull your head off and do it right. Setting being changed in your box will not help.

What ate you referring to, like putting a lower compression head? I thought the pros are the same compression as the 2010 dragon, which is already low? Are they really getting det or is the sensor just too sensitive?

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
what numbers you running and how mutch race fuel you running i am running 2 gallons of 114 still getting light i got 150 miles on sled.

I was told not to run anything over 110 octane in the first 2 tanks..
only 2 gallons of race 110 mixed with non ethanol 91 on the first 2 tanks.
Then go to a 10% race for then after.

I Was also told you need to run the Ethanol plug.

So much for a "Pump Gas" kit..

I am curious on the "det" problem that Inkedrider has been dealing with on the Aero..

Time will tell..
Go get some more miles on these kits so us guys on the fence can make up our minds!!

Happy New Year!!
dc

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
Detonation

The det issue is not just with the Aerocharger it is with all pro kits. When the spark plugs are coming lose that is not a sensitive sensor. Yes lowering the compression and more importantly raising the squish is what needs to happen, you could even just stack some base gaskets. I think Cometics makes custom base gaskets to your order. As far Anthony Oberti I am sorry but I just don't believe you. Just another piece of information BD's pump gas kit 's they are changing the injectors which also wont work you cant just put bigger injectors in the sled the stock computer wont allow it. I am not saying that BD is a bad turbo system, or that they don't know what they are doing I am just trying to help you guys, some guys are not seeing the det light because there just not riding it hard enough if you just put around and get in and out of it you wont see a light but if you ride like I do it flat out does not work!!

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
I dont really care if you believe me or not. Mine is working, the other guy that brought home his turbo that same weekend as mine is working and Jack Struthers is working. Do you not believe all of us??? Call Carls Cycle and see if you believe them?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I can't take it any more. First, Inkrider, you call Anthony a liar. Then you sayBoondockers doesn't know what they are doing and then try to cover it up by saying that your not saying they don't know what they are doing. Then you say people aren't riding as hard as you. And last but not least "I'm just trying to help". I guess I'm calling you a liar. I don't think you are on here tryin to help after that last statement. I think you are trying to pedal aero kits, which where are they, on your basic membership.

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
Recieved a nice package from boondockers

I will be installing my kit Thursday. Sounds like they are running good for the most part.
I am also installing the polaris Gizmo from redneck racing.
I will post pics of the install. Looks pretty easy from the directions.

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
Words of wisdom.

All I can say is if one person on here tries what I am telling them to do I have helped another snomobiler. Thats what I thought this site was all about. If I was trying to push a aerocharger kit on anyone why in the hell would I be trying to help Boon Docker customers you guys are taking me the wrong way and that is unfortunate and will hinder your turbo experience. Anthony, I hope your sled runs as well as you say it is, but from my experience they are not running as well as I would like and you know of the only three kits out there that work so it hard to believe thats all. It would would be foolish of you to think I only have experience with one kit!!

R
Aug 30, 2008
I have seen quite a few of boondockers Pro kits...Fact I live right here in Idaho Falls, and I know one dealership that has installed 7 kits with 0 problems. I know another that has installed at least 3 and could be more. I know some of the klim guys are running BD pump gas turbo's.

I ride a cat...but I know several people in our local area really likes there BD Turbo pro sleds. As for the det sensor, Come on...everybody knows it is one of two things: Fuel quality or tuning. You gotta tune per your elevation and boost level. You gotta run the right octane of fuel per your elevation. Those two things will always set your det sensor off. The only other thing that would trigger it, is running more boost than fuel would allow. I think that 10 PSI is the max with 91 and 2 gallons mixed.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
I never said one word about you only having knowledge of just one kit. If you are going to run your mouth fine, but don't put words into mine. As far as only knowing of 3 kits/sleds working....the only reason I said I know of these 3 is because they were the first 3 kits/ sleds to come out of carls Cycle this year. And lastly....... I GUARANTEE I ride my sled hard.....I did when I raced RMSHA and I have for the last 7 snowmobile videos I have been in so that arguement does not work with me....do a little homework next time before trying to put someone down or running your mouth. Typical SnoWest BS at it's finest here.....

Last edited:
A
Nov 26, 2007
Here is my .02 on the subject cause I am still waiting for mine to arrive:face-icon-small-fro. Theer are so many factors thathave an impact on deto that there is know way to nail it down to this much race fuel with this much boost. I beleive that Anthony's sled runs awsome and may have a little to do with Carl's install. Remember some of the factors that change when deto will happen are charge temp, humidity, elevation , air temp, load, eng temp, fuel quality, afr, timing, pipe temp, sparkplugs, ex backpressure, oil type and amount, dynamic compression (not static compression), squish velocity, squish clearance, combustion chamber design, I could go on and on. So to say it is this or that is impossible. Some of these things are factory set and others we have control over with either adjustments or installation. I suspect that the pros are a little more prone to deto because of the lower port timing, also the reason they seem to have better bottom end on the turbos than the Dragon's, but they end up with more dynamic compression and that puts them closer to deto. I suspect that the pro is just a lot closer to that fine line than the Dragon was. We can cut the head to give us a little more room or just be right on with the tune. The best running turbo's will be the ones that have taken all of the things into account. the big thing for deto that we can do is get nice cold air coming in and trying to keep it as cool as possible under boost. Also we will need to make sure that the sled is not lean at all along with good fuel. Always error on the side of too mch octane if you can. My o2

P.S if you just raise the cylinders with base gaskets you will loose some bottom end and hp.

K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
Here is another thought. Boondocker is the only Turbo builder/company using their own box, however all the other builders write their own programs (or sub it out and have them written for them) for the general boxes that they use (i.e. attitude, PCV, etc.). Is it possible that maybe, just maybe the builder (s) experiencing detonation to the point that "plugs are backing out", may not have the program they are using working very well? Just saying..........
After seeing the amount of testing and time that BD has put into this kit, the fact that they are probably the largest and most well known turbo builder for sleds, and the number of riders on their product, I find it very hard to believe that they released a kit, that is consistently having the amount of serious issues that a select few are accusing. I have personally had BD turbo kits previously, and can say that their proprietary box, can be difficult to get accustomed to, but once it is understood, works very well. Those few that already have a BD kit on their Pro, and are experiencing trouble, more than likely will have it figured out very soon, with change in tuning, fuel, or a combination. I am in no way involved with Boondocker, and in fact, I am trying a different companies kit this year. (for no other reason than curiosity, and from hearing good things about the kit I am going with) Hopefully everyone gets their turbo Pro to work perfectly, and this whole thing can be dropped

Premium Features