• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Long Rod PRO Motor

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
Danno, just read this thread start to finish...........highly entertaining,lol.

Headin' back out west 'for long, when ya going to take a weekend off and come and see us? I'll give you a call in a couple of weeks.

Take care , Hilger

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Dan,

Three year warranty, including pistons (correct?), mileage limitations?

Thanks and I'm sure it will be another great product from you.

Murph

Hi Dan Hilger !! Good to here from you !! Hows the lightest weight 6 ft tall human being I have ever met ? :face-icon-small-win

Murph, Pistons are warranties against breakage but not against detonating or lean burn of course.

Piston replacement is recommened every 2500 miles ( for the average sledder. ) High stress mountain riders may need them sooner. High mile trail riders 5000 to 7500 miles. people are different and things have to handled differently.

Dan

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Quick question. Whats the cost of the LRTM5 motor? Also when we go to replace pistons what pistons are we using? Any piston for a stock motor or special from you? And with these LR motors can we use an aftermarket head (turbo heads)

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Quick question. Whats the cost of the LRTM5 motor? Also when we go to replace pistons what pistons are we using? Any piston for a stock motor or special from you? And with these LR motors can we use an aftermarket head (turbo heads)

Good question.

The price is $2500.00, that is when the conversion is done to running motor that doesn't have the crankcase blowen out of it & needs a full crank rebuild and both inner crankshaft wheels replaced.

OEM Polaris demension pistons should be used in these motors. Any head can be used that was design around the stock engine platform.

Turbotater - The Tornado kit will be available for the RMK version PRO Next season.
After the testing has been completed.
It will be priced lower because it will not include any chassis Modifications.

Dan

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
The Tornado kit will be available for the RMK version PRO Next season.
After the testing has been completed.
It will be priced lower because it will not include any chassis Modifications.

Dan

pump gas?
:face-icon-small-sho go on...?!

IQ?

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Vilhelmina,Sweden
www.facebook.com
Cant belive this.....
I can see....

*Another INDY vs. big Bore
*INDY vs 910
*Maybe INDY vs RKT (again)
*INDY vs ebay?

If a 800 with stock mono outruns say carl´s or PAR i will eat a rubber bogey wheel....

?*Me vs.Bogey?:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
can we please not destroy this thread? start a new thread if you'd all like to compare motor builders and what they offer please... :face-icon-small-dis

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
For the most part people do not like to see bickering between peole or shops.

And I agree its stupid and can be painful to watch.

The internet has become so good for many people and easy to get info for free.

That is great !!! But there are people in business who test and work their a$$es off to find fixes and performance increases and offer a product for people.

Back in the 1980's I use to buiold clutch kits that were second to non and we were out at the lake every week-end we could and there we alot of really fast people & sleds there.

Marvelous Marv Jorgenson the fastest man in the world on a snowmobile.
190 Mph back in the late 80's & early 90's.

I built clutch kits back then that would eat Marv's personal 650 Indy alive in 1000 feet year after year.

And these Clutch kits would make money for years and years to come.

Now 1 guiy buys a kit and the cameras come out and people start showing pics and giving specs and the work goes out the window.

Well scootdog, you can say what you want to say.

But I will just say this, No shop has built more 800 BB Polaris motors then Indy Specialty. Over 1400 Bottom-ends since 2001 and 3 to 5 year warranties on them depending on what package they bought.

And not one person can come on the internet and say that I didn't do exactly what I said I would.

A lawyer did not draw up my warranty ( I did ) It took only minutes.
and most of the time if the warranty is over I still go out of my way to
help my customer get back on the snow if they need help in a way no other shop does.

And there people and shops around the country that were still wetting their diapers back in the late 70's.

And alot of them could offer the public anything if it wasn't for what they learned on the internet and from other old timers that were willing to give them more then they should have then they exploit it like they are the almighty brain trust Engine Builder from heaven.

Now I don't want to see this thread go the the pot, and I will just stop and go back to work because I am way behind.

And I do not want to spend the next 3 days in class warfare. But if someone feels the need to push it so be it. I did not avertise this kit anywhere on any free forum like many shops only outlet is here.

Someone brought a link here, I did not con some other member to post it for me, or send sum people in to start trouble that are knowen to do that. That can't handle things themselves they need inside poster for buddy help.

I paid ebay full retail to list it, Its a flatlander kit not a Mountain kit. I have not tested it in the mountains so I won't sell it. Unlike sum others that start selling off solid works before a product is even designed, built, or tested.

I said on ebay that the Tornado Kit would beat any normally aspirated Big Bore built out of the small block Polaris bottom-end....... Billet cylinders or recast. ( I do not care ) I will be put up against anyones out there and I will also bet the sled on the spot. Winner takes the losers sled home.

I said it and I meant it, It won't even be a race. Big Bores
with short width crankshafts and small transfers punch good out of the hole and fall flat on their faces on the big end at sea-level.

$4800 will hands down blow a $6000 900cc Aftermarket cyl big bore of the snow or you money back. And your right scootdog I am NOT going to tell anyone whats done to it. In a short enough time the masses to start to find out some of the things that were done to build this sled. and then the profits sales will be done.

The internets a powerful thing..... If I can't back it the people will tear me to shreads.

Dan

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Excellent post Dan. Your 100% right, nobody needs to know anything. I sure don't tell my buddies what I put in my sled. Same goes for me I test and test. Some people don't.

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Great post Dan - now if I can get ya to reply to my emails I could make up my mind on what to do with my Pro! I know that you must be very, very busy and hopefully, this has just slipped thru the cracks. Hope to hear from you soon. Would it be better if I called you or communicate thru email? Appreciate all the info and insights that you have.
Larry

Premium Features