• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 ctec-2 800 performance

killergiller

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
Northern CA
Totally agree with the others that the performance of the 19 Is heads and tails better than the 17 Zuni and as others have stated, that’s saying a lot. Not only that, but the on snow performance (which is what is important IMHO) is what really matters. I have always been a Cat loyalist, and it has taken way too many years to have a sled that is truly equal to the others on the hill. That said, even that doesn’t matter as it is what you personally like and accept. This is by far the best sled I have ever ridden and is a joy to ride.

Enjoy

E
Dec 24, 2011
Yakima wa
I bought an alpha coming off a stage 2 16 cat. The 19 motor is so much more responsive in every part of the throttle. Power delivery feels so much better. My 19 actually has more top end than my brothers 18. I’ve rode all the new sleds. And in my honest opinion the 19 ctech has every bit of power the others do. Even the riders coming off the poo 850 and doo 850 love the sled.

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
I have a 17 doo 850 154. My brother has a 18 mountain cat 153. My dad has a 165 alpha. Power is close but we all agree that the doo has more power and the throttle response is quicker on the doo throughout. My doo is faster out of the hole. The track on the cat is hands down better than my doo track. Climbing the 153 cat and my sled are about as even as it gets. The alpha out climbs both of us. The alpha is longer but the alpha track gets up on the snow better, even better than the mountain cat track. The 3.5 pitch helps. So even though I can feel a difference in power the cat track makes up for it on the hill. The alpha handles very similar to my sled and I really like that. I am planning on getting rid of my 09 M8 next year and picking up an alpha. It is a great sled.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I have a 17 doo 850 154. My brother has a 18 mountain cat 153. My dad has a 165 alpha. Power is close but we all agree that the doo has more power and the throttle response is quicker on the doo throughout. My doo is faster out of the hole. The track on the cat is hands down better than my doo track. Climbing the 153 cat and my sled are about as even as it gets. The alpha out climbs both of us. The alpha is longer but the alpha track gets up on the snow better, even better than the mountain cat track. The 3.5 pitch helps. So even though I can feel a difference in power the cat track makes up for it on the hill. The alpha handles very similar to my sled and I really like that. I am planning on getting rid of my 09 M8 next year and picking up an alpha. It is a great sled.

this is the best review yet... along with others. NO BS as I agree hands down.

Premium Features