• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro radiator delete

T

tbsfarms99

Dec 23, 2007
Could somebody post some pics of what they have done to get the radiator off??? Thanks

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
vanamburg also sells a delete kit.. would like to go this route to get more air flow through the tunnel but dont really want to add any extra coolers as of now.. sled is currently not turboed and would add cooler when turboed.. Have had a few different repatable shops tell me that the nytro should still have plenty of cooling left if i delete.. Any thoughts??? thanks

H

Heath@MPI

Dec 8, 2008
We have the kits on the shelf and ready to ship!!

Keep your radiator or delete that worthless thing and gain access

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I bought a used a u-cooler from an Arctic Cat 153" with a flat tunnel. Had to trim the rear part that rivets up under the snow flap a bit and cut the left hose inlet back about 3" and re-weld it to clear the Impulse header. The right side fit into the stock hole for the small cooler. Turned the thermostat inlet 180* so its pointing back and cut down and re-used the stock hoses.

Towed a couple sleds out and rode today at almost 40F degrees and no issue with heat. If anything its running cooler with all the extra air moving under the hood. And the Roest dash vent is a must have for anyone running an Impulse or Alpine located intercooler.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176207

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
Thanks Heath, I'm starting to feel like a stray dog with an Apex, seems like everything is geared to the Nytros (like the favorite Yammi child :angel:).

Last edited:
H

Heath@MPI

Dec 8, 2008
Stand alone will be available next season for the Apex.

The Apex doesnt have cooling problems like the Apex so no need to fix whats not broken:face-icon-small-coo

Dec 1, 2007
livingston MT
all you need to delete the radiator on an apex is a 1" pipe nipple. i did it on my past SC apex and my current turbo apex. never had overheating problems, not even towing someone out in spring time riding.

R
Feb 21, 2010
all you need to delete the radiator on an apex is a 1" pipe nipple. i did it on my past SC apex and my current turbo apex. never had overheating problems, not even towing someone out in spring time riding.

Can you please explain this a little better, mabye pitcure? Im going to delete my radiator on my apex turbo and put my battery there.

Thanks in advance / Tobbe

Dec 1, 2007
livingston MT
there is really nothing to it.. just remove the radiator and put in a 1" barbed nipple. grab one at your local hardware store. no cutting the hose or nothing, just put it together using the hose clamps that were already on the two hoses, make sure it wont get over to close to your brake

8887.jpg

Premium Features