• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

After market Tunnel Radiator

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
I am told there is an aftermarket kit that adds a Radiator or heat exchanger to the Pro tunnel. Does anyone have any comments or experience with them? I heard RK Tech and Boondocker had them back when.
Thanks!

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I have run the MTN TK Added Tunnel cooler in the last couple sleds I have owned. Had one in my PRO-RMK Assault and now in my AXYS. It does add weight. But in my AXYS 174 I never have cooling issues. Even ran it 25 miles of hard MN trails as a test when it was installed and the temps never climbed over 133. Not bad for a 174.

CR racing also has a small version that mounts are the rear of the tunnel that has to be welded in that many have been happy with. Pretty sure that can fit a PRO-RMK chassis.

D
Nov 17, 2008
I have also installed the Mtntk 5' cooler to my 2018 163 axis pro and am real happy with it. Highly recommend it to solve all heating problems and it is easy to install with no welding involved.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
3 foot mtntk tunnel cooler here, not as much added weight and makes a world of cooling difference. On a 17 Axys 163, but these fit Pros as well, have a buddy running a 5 footer in a Pro...

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Thanks for all the feedback. Sounds like a route to pursue. Painful having the engine heat so quick in the trees. Hope everyone had great year (and some of us lucky ones are still enjoying riding)

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Thanks for all the feedback. Sounds like a route to pursue. Painful having the engine heat so quick in the trees. Hope everyone had great year (and some of us lucky ones are still enjoying riding)
We're still riding... just have to slow down for my buddy to cool off his sled since he does not have a mtntk cooler... :)

Snowman10

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 23, 2019
I added a 3' cooler from Mtn Tech this last winter and it dropped my sleds temperature by 50 degrees on the trails. No stopping and adding snow to the tunnel to cool it down when on the trails and I have a welded short tunnel on my 2019 Axys RMK 850 with a Boondocker turbo kicking out around 200 hp.
I really haven't noticed any additional weight and I ride the trees a lot.

Premium Features