• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shipping Engines

C
Apr 11, 2008
michigan
Looking to have a xcr 800 motor shipped from Pennsylvania to Michigan whos the best source and about how much money does it cost? Its a complete motor. Its about a 9 hour drive in which he said hed meet me half way so i have that option which maybe the way to go being a could see what Im buying but I hate driving.Any help would be great thank you.

J
Sep 21, 2005
Peace River, Alberta
I can't help you with the shipping, but personally, if you have the time, i'd go check it out in person. That's just me talking, and unless you plan on rebuilding this engine anyways, i'd go have a look at it.

Good luck!

Snochopper

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Double boxed and padded, I sent one UPS last year (900) it was $85, with increases for fuel and it being a triple, I'd say around $100.

R
Jan 28, 2008
FEDEX ground

I sent a big twin to MI from NH was $80ish. I sent some parts separate to keep weight under their max.

DHL is another option I've heard is cost effective.

S

Ski-Laxn

Nov 26, 2007
Longmont, Co
Just shipped a 600 motor with everything from Colorado to Utah with UPS was 85# and cost was $80. What I did was went down and purchased a plastic storage bin with a lid and Packed it in there so it wouldn't move around put the lid on and duct taped the lid on then shrink wrapped it. That gives the UPs person handles to carry it with.
Ski

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Put it in a cooler tape it closed and ship it. I have done it twice this way and it works just great.

Premium Features