• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Display gauge issue/top end cut out

C
Feb 4, 2019
Has anyone had any issues with the display gauge going out? My sled was running fine this weekend until it started cutting out on the top end and my display gauge was flickering on and off. now it wont even turn on or give me any feedback. My guess is I have a bad connection somewhere but I could be chasing that forever.

matchrocket

Premium Member
Mar 2, 2016
Boise
Relay's... Very common. Two of them on the cross bar by the exhaust pipe, they control the display and exhaust valves which will cause the symptom's you describe.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

C
Feb 4, 2019
Awesome, thanks. the two relays on the crossbar seemed fine, but the one in the pouch above the clutch had some corrosion. Seems like that fixed my cut out issue on the top end but my display gauge still wont turn on. Do you know of any other relays?

Thanks again.

TC

matchrocket

Premium Member
Mar 2, 2016
Boise
You can't really judge by how they "look" to determine if they are OKAY or not.

I had issues last season with PV's not working, and the relays looked fine. Swapped them out, problem solved.

Also the same problem with the display.

I wouldn't rule them out at all until you replace both of them on that cross bar. 90% chance that's the issue.

There are 3 relays in NON E-Start sleds. 2 out in the open, one above the clutch cover.

There is another thread about BULLS*$T AXYS Relays that has TONS of information on this problem, and were to get cheap better spares. I carry 3 with me at all times.

Here is that thread: https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424038

Good Luck!

P.S.

If you swap them, check out the other thread on preventative measures. I also stuffed the two exposed ones into a Polaris electrical bag to keep snow directly off of them. No issues this season so far!

Last edited:
C
Feb 4, 2019
just replaced the other two relays and my screen worked kicked on! appreciate the help. My check engine light is still on was wondering if you had same issue or had to clear anything?

matchrocket

Premium Member
Mar 2, 2016
Boise
just replaced the other two relays and my screen worked kicked on! appreciate the help. My check engine light is still on was wondering if you had same issue or had to clear anything?
Never had check engine light... Not really sure what to do with that one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Premium Features