• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

wr vs yz

Y
Nov 26, 2007
Need some validation, is a yz that much of an improvement over wr?? This weekend my bearing on drive shaft went and the awesome Yukon Yamaha dealer threw me a yz for rest of weekend!! 2012 FI WR has ecu upgrade 2011 kit with air shocks, yz desert mode 2013 kit and it was night and day. thinking a yz in the future, get better gloves instead of hand warmers and deal with kick start.

The yz had improved bottom end, throttle response and I could POUND it and ride it much harder on hard pack trail, drifts and land any jump or drop with full comfort. Perhaps my air shocks on 2011 kits are not set up well but I LOVED the YZ

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
YZ > WR. Pretty much end of story. Close Ratio transmission, lighter, faster revs, higher revs (last time I checked). Just work on that airbox and you got a ripper.

D
Dec 14, 2007
Central, WA
Yz

I have an '11 yz with a '13 kit an I have handwarmers on mine, hardly use them but I do have them, so it can be done incase you were wondering. And the air box isn't a big deal, I've never had a problem and been in powder over the motor deep! All I did was glue some mesh off my old dragon over the intakes on the shrouds and then of course the outerwears that's included with the ts kit. :face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features