• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sno-sport dimensions!

beturbo

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
Does anyone know what the dimensions of a sno-sport are between the foot pegs. I am looking at putting a timber sled rear skid, out of a snow cross mountain horse, in and need to know measurements! Can anyone help?

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I can go measure a scoot, which should be the same.\

How much of the scoot mounting system are you planning on using? The scoot/sport pivot on a front bearing mount that might be interesting to see how you adapt.

beturbo

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
Not sure how much i will be able to use. I am having my kick start worked on so I can't measure mine so if you could that would help. I think if I remember the guy from timber said the skid is 11 1/4 at the front and back mount. I am sure that I will be doing alot of welding to mount the skid but should be worth it. When I get it done I will post some pics!

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Inside to inside of the vertical tubes above the running boards: 13 15/16"
Inside to inside of front suspension frame where it ties into rails: 13 3/4"
Floor to front frame/suspension mount point: 10" - this is with my rail mount

I hope the Timbersled system works for you, but I would wonder if it might make it too tall...

beturbo

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
that is what I am wondering too! I quess I will have to get mine back and see what it looks like. Thanks for the measurements if it works when I get it done I will post pics!

C
Nov 29, 2008
I slipped a track off of timbersled bike kit under a sport last season - cut the lugs to 1.33" - could go deeper if you fab up a new cover over the axel....
stock suspension with longer rails and raise the "drop bracket" height and it worked.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
After doing one, I think the longer 121" rails and a 121" track is a pretty easy and decent way to go. I was surprised that this thing rode as well as it did with 250# of rider and in knee deep fluff. I don't think the track was spinning enough to justify a deeper lug track. The 1/2" lug seemed to pull it around just fine so if I ever do one again, I don't think I would stress the big lug look.

beturbo

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
I am going to be doing a 121 also. It looks like I will need to do alot of fab work, not really worried about the snow flap thing will have a body shop bend one for me. Not sure but the skid and track are off of a snocross mountain horse 121. Timber sled says that it is the same as a snow hawk, not sure! Thank God for time and welders, this will make winter go alot faster. What are people using for plastic skiis? C&A's and have a adaptor made?
Cheers guys will post some pics when she is done!

C
Nov 29, 2008
Set of Kimpex skis & loops worked great ... they look the same as the sets Royal Distributing has for $279 (inc carbides) ... seems like a nice ski for the Sport - lots of floatation, flexible, light and 4" of carbide is just right. They are flat on the top so I just used a piece of flat stock with original steel ski mounts wielded on and used the carbides bolts to hold it in place.

Premium Features