• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pagosa Springs Riding

J
Myself, the Wife, Dad, Mom and Brother are heading to Pagosa Springs after Christmas. We are looking for a place to ride for a couple days. We have lodging booked, we just need a place to ride steep and deep. I understand if you don't want to post "your riding area" on here, so feel free to PM or email me at cmdogger@hotmail.com

We have a crew cab dually pickup and 4 place enclosed trailer, so we will need a fairly big parking lot... Thanks for any and all replies....

KEEP THE SNOW FLYING.....

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
Long Live the SLV!

If you are coming from Center you probably aready know where to ride. There 2 choices that I can think of either Wolf Creek or Cumbres Pass. Both are pretty close to Pagosa. Both are with in an hour of any lodging. The pass at Wolf Creek is probably your best bet.

Anyone know about Cumbres?

J
I can't attest to the sno-tell being accurate or not, but I CAN tell you that the cumbers area is 200+% of "normal" as far as water content/precip for this time of year......

As for riding from pagosa springs, we were thinking north of town, or northwest of town... We can ride wolf creek or cumbers from Home...lol

Thanks for the info though.... Oh, by the way...if you are heading to the SLV to do any pow-mashin' I had a low of -15.8 this moring and a steaming HOT high of 11.2 degreese today....It's frikkkkin cold here...

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
I can't attest to the sno-tell being accurate or not, but I CAN tell you that the cumbers area is 200+% of "normal" as far as water content/precip for this time of year......

As for riding from pagosa springs, we were thinking north of town, or northwest of town... We can ride wolf creek or cumbers from Home...lol

Thanks for the info though.... Oh, by the way...if you are heading to the SLV to do any pow-mashin' I had a low of -15.8 this moring and a steaming HOT high of 11.2 degreese today....It's frikkkkin cold here...

You had us beat for the low last night, I saw -11 farenheit at my place (Gunnison). However our high was a sunny 7 above.

Wish I could help with a riding area. Good luck

Merry Christmas

Edit: 7:35 pm it is -1 farenheit

Last edited:
D
Nov 29, 2007
Nipple Mt is a good ride just north of town about 2 miles, also chama is great about 40 miles north of town.

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
Does anyone have any good pictures of teh terrain around pagosa and chama, I am planing a trip and since i am forst timer to the area my planning needs to be as thorough as possible to ensure a good trip. Thanks also looking for some nice people to ride with while i am up there.

R
Nov 27, 2007
South Fork, CO
i went to chama today. the snow was awesome. weather was awesome.

Not too much steep and deep at chama. most places can be accessed by flat land or small hills. We went with someone who was on his 2nd ride ever and he did really really well.

Only pic i can supply is of our group sitting. You can kind of see how flat it is :confused: I really enjoy riding chama. Just be sure to have a GPS or go with someone who knows the area. its very very easy to get lost at chama.

0112081030.jpg

P
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
i went to chama today. the snow was awesome. weather was awesome.

Not too much steep and deep at chama. most places can be accessed by flat land or small hills. We went with someone who was on his 2nd ride ever and he did really really well.

Only pic i can supply is of our group sitting. You can kind of see how flat it is :confused: I really enjoy riding chama. Just be sure to have a GPS or go with someone who knows the area. its very very easy to get lost at chama.

0112081030.jpg
Shaun Where are you riding this weekend? also did you work a deal with Alfred? I havent heard from Nick about my rmk,let me know if you know of anyone that might be intrested in my rmk. Chad

Premium Features