• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Check Engine Light and Raw Fuel/oil mix out the pipe.

S
I fired up the sled the other day and this is what i got Check Engine Light and Raw Fuel/oil mix out the pipe, and smoked like crazy. Its a 2010 Pro Ride Rush, with just over 2000 miles on it. I changed the plugs, filled the tank,put some fuel injector cleaner in it and fired it up. Same thing again. 20 min went buy, fired it up and no light and seemed to run fine. Had it running for 15 to 20 min and all was good. 5 hrs later and a few drinks tried it again and i had the light back and running like s@*t, so I killed it rt away and fired it rt back up and all was good for the next 15 to 20 min. That was last night and i have not tried it again. ANY IDEAS?

T
Nov 13, 2014
I would have to say take it to a dealer and have it plugged in and pull the codes. I have although seen several times on the 2011 pro 800s that an injector will start hanging and it will poor fuel causing these symptoms. Usually the codes you will get from this will be your exh temp sensor from the raw fuel passing over it. I hope this helps and good luck!

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I started it again today and it ran fine for 3 min. then the light came on and gas /oil mix started coming out the pipe again. I got the code 524007 with a 2 below it. Anyone know what this code is???

Fuel type selected the signal is out of range is what the book says

Check the ethanol plug for a good connection and maybe some fresh gas.

Stroker Customs

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2002
CO
Is the oil level down from where you left it last time you filled it? Meaning has it sat all summer and the oil bottle was full and now its half full.

Stroker Customs

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2002
CO
So what I am getting at with the oil level is I have seen the seal go bad on the oil pump so when in storage it slowly leaks through the oil pump and fills the crankcase up with oil then when you start it all the oil goes out the pipe causing the smoke. This will throw an engine code as it coats the pipe temp sensor with oil and caused it not to read. If you go ride it around it will clean up after a short time but just remember if you let it sit overnight then the oil is leaking back in and you will have the same problems. Do what you want but think you are chasing your tail looking at codes. If it was raw fuel or an injector bleeding off then it would flood the crankcase with fuel. Everyone I have seen with a flooded crankcase is extremely difficult to start. Raw fuel doesn't cause the same smoke as oil so you should be able to tell pretty easily if its fuel or oil. I would pull the crankcase drain and see what comes out if it was me. Good luck

S
Thank you for the info and that will be the next thing I try. Tonight I drained all the gas, put some fresh 91 in it and made sure i had the correct resistor installed and ran fine with no code. I let it cool off for an hour, started it again and the code and smoke is back.

Premium Features